Thread: Shinobi honour

In the original STW shinobi used to gain honour while counterspying when they caught an enemy shinobi/ninja but this does not happen anymore. So how do shinobi gain honour?
    Like a wooden man facing flowers and birds.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

hmmm. in my games the shinobi/ninja gain honor for catching enemy spies. you might want to look a little more carefully.

I have been looking carefully, I'm now a fair way into an Oda Sengoku campain. I have defeated Mori, pushed Shimazu back and on the other side I am working on Uesugi, I have had the notice that an enemy shinobi/ninja have been captured quite a few times and last night, to be sure, I checked every single shinobi and ninja and they were all 0 honour. (I haven't used my ninja to kill yet)
    Like a wooden man facing flowers and birds.

I tried a campaign using masses of shinobi to weaken oda. I put 10 or more in several provinces to cause revolts and then when the armise were weak enough I moved in. It took many seasons to accomplish this and while moving shinobi, I noticed a lot of my shinobi were honour 5!!!

I recommend this strategy be used sparingly as I ended up defeated by clans who focussed there resources on more effective strategies.

Did ya happen to have a border fort? If so, it caught the shinobi/ninja instead of your men. It also could have done it if you had one in a NEIGHBORING province - as it acts as a spy (or in this case counterspy) in your prov since next door.
    2 spies for the price of .. uhm
    2 spies - but u get that extra spy/counterspy in all the surrounding provinces.

Bet you thats what got him.

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

^ What he said.

I don't usually build lots of border forts (although i probably should); i focus on shinobi to start rebellions and counterspy and so forth. From what i can tell, they do gain honor for catching enemy shinobi/ninja.

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Shinobi gain honor in much the same way generals do
    Kills Honor
    0 0
    1 1
    2 2
    4 3
    8 4
    16 5
    etc. etc.
    As soon as you start a campaign start work on a province dedicated to shinobi, pump out about 6 at hon 0 and send them by port deep into enemy land(preferebly undefended) the revolt will cause all shinobi to gain a `kill`
    its fairly easy to work a team of shinobi up to hon 5 where they will be almost immune to border forts but enemy shinobi may kill them

try to aim to have at least 1 hon 2 shinobi per province and 1 at hon 5 for each important unit, daimyo, heir, good general, etc.