Thread: Give build orders in opponent clan provinces!

Here's how:

1. Click on a castle you control.
    2. Bring up the build menu.
    3. Immediately click another clan's castle; you will now see the build menu for that province.
    4. Place buildings in the queue as normal; the computer AI will build them all, time and koku allowing.

Observations: This does not allow you to build troops in opposing clans' provinces, but on the other hand it appears to keep them from building many troops, as they continue to upgrade their buildings (having them upgrade all the way to citadel is particularly effective, as it is expensive and provides few benefits). Also note that it is first necessary to be able to "see" the enemy province with a spy in order to use this "feature" of the game.

Well, sounds funny as hell, but in the end its just another glitch in the game which makes it easier when its already too easy..

But very interesting! I will have to check this out..

Matt

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

a potentially useful glitch, and one I'm sure won't last long once EA hears about it.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Another New Yorker! Three is this thread including me!

Thanks for the info!
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Well hey, screw you all and your "BIIIIIG Apple", St. Loius kicks all of your momma's butt's twice around the block! HAHAHA!

Matt

yes it's true. in st louis you can buy a movie ticket for only $5!! while for the cost of a NY ticket, i can buy your whole crappy arch monument.
    lol
    we need an stw new york meeting.

lol still going on bout the cinema ticket prices! lol

intresting this glitch! hehe *thinks to myself* muahahahhahaha

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

An STW NY meeting? Are we really so few? In any event I'd be happy to participate.

Quote Originally posted by Khan7:
    Well, sounds funny as hell, but in the end its just another glitch in the game which makes it easier when its already too easy..

But very interesting! I will have to check this out..

Matt
    [/QUOTE]
    Got to try it when I got time. (been busy these days)

But it seems this glitch can be used constuctively. Basically you can set "intelligent" building order for the AIs so that both the human player and the AIs can tech up for a much intesting end-stage game.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

so far I've only used it to see how advanced oppenents who are far away have become (dreading that damn geisha house).

True enough, Goth. I've just started to do this, but "enemy construction" requires one to be extraordinarily principled, as the temptation to cheat the AI is quite high. Also, since you can't see the other aspects of the AI clans' economies, it's not always clear what they "should" be building. For instance, the AI just loves to make all archer armies, so ordering their territories to stop making archery dojos in favor of spear dojos might be effective. On the other hand, this may deny the AI crucial missile troops, unbalancing the game once again.

The solution is to come up with a structured build order that, when instituted in any AI province, provides a proven benefit. That way, you can either use it or not, and the temptation to cheat is less. Still, I think coming up with such a thing will be quite difficult, unless...

Hey, veterans, mod-ers, playtesters, is there any cheat code which allows you to view all provinces? Then we might be able to come up with something appropriate.

Wait, soly, how do you use this glitch to see provinces "far away"? If you have a spy in those provinces already, then you aren't using the glitch, and if you don't, then it doesn't seem like this bug really allows you to do that sort of thing (hitting the arrows on the build screen while in an enemy province invariably sends you back to one of your own).

Well....is expert the only level where the AI has unlimited koku? On the other levels this could be an extremely devestating bug in the early game for the AI if you have him waste all his koku on buildings while you are making alot of troops.

here's how I've tried using this glitch:

having enemy provinces build churches. this is likely when a province is conquered that was previousy christian, and had the option to begin with. the result is lots of enemy monk rebellion.

once the build structure screen is on, any castle on the map is up for grabs, whether there's a spy there or not. just click on the castle you want while the build screen is up, as per the original instructions, but instead of force-building, just see what structures are available. if you see legendary dojos, then you can pretty much tell where that province is technologically; likewise, if it's a citadel icon but has yet to build a ninja house (because if it were already built you wouldn't have the option) then you know you're safe from geishas from that province at least.

When you click on the AI Castle do you have the option of destroying the buildings? I was thinking of those damned Geisha. I had four of them chasing my Daimyo around the map the other night - not funny at all. It took ages to tech up to Geisha - my Ninja were useless.

unfortunately, there is no option for destroying structures by using the build-screen glitch.
    right now the only way is to either command the province, or at least have the enemy holed up in the castle (but not yet have the province in control). i guess this is a represenation of your army ravaging the nearby structures (you get koku for them, too) while the beseiged enemy looks on.