Thread: Newbie Questions - Christianity and Warrior Monks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pardon me if this has been hashed to death - never needed to ask this before since Christianity was hardly a big thing in STW. But now I'm playing Oda in the 1580 campaign (Expert) and I start Christian.

Unit description says Buddhist troops are reluctant to engage WM but Christian troops don't have this problem.

So does this mean:
    1. Buddhist troops suffer some sort of morale penalty when fighting or being charged by WM?
    2. Something else?

WE/MI Manual says WMs fervour versus Christianity has to be seen to be believed. Does this mean:
    1. WM have higher morale when fighting Christian troops? I noticed when I was playing Mori in the 1580 campaign (Expert) that my WM when fighting Shimazu (Christian) fought all the way down to 4 men, but maybe it was because they had Honour 4 ...
    2. Something else?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Have you guys visited the throne room lately? LOL - for the first time ever I noticed the heads of 4 of my emissaries / priests (executed by the treacherous Mori / Takeda) were displayed behind my Advisor. I wonder what other interesting things there are in the Throne Room that I haven't yet found out ...
    One day, maybe ...

Nobody knows?
    One day, maybe ...

God but your impatient.

There are a few bugs around this in the game I believe but basically

1) yes
    2) no

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

ask a bunch of veterans who've played the game since it's original release, and the answer you're likely to get is: so far, there have to be any visible morale penalties or bonuses for having buddhist or christian troops engage monks. that's the deal with the actual battlefield.
    the campaign map part is different. a monk monastary will definitely drag down your loyalty rating if you conquer it and you are christian. it will take nearly twice as many men to hold the province loyal, and regular rebellions of monks may occur if the temple is left standing.

Senior Member Senior Member Ratta Yamamoto's Avatar

In 1580 campaign, as Mori, you start win both Monk and Nochidai samurai, so does this effect anything?

------------------
    Every samurai heart is their sword, to lose their sword is to die.
    Every samurai heart is their sword, to lose their sword is to die.

solypsist:

Thank you

johnmcd:

Hey, I waited 6 hours
    One day, maybe ...

What do Nodachi have to do with Christianity?

Solly, folk always leg it from my monks, but I've never been sure if its becuase they kill folk so fast or if its becuase they are buddhist. The strategy map certainly makes things obvious in this regard.