Thread: New stats download

I downloaded the new stats posted in the main page but I haven't had the time to try it out. I need comments from you guys. How does it feel fighting with the new stats?

The effect of the new unit parameters included in Stats10.bat is to bring the morale level a little more than half way back toward the level used in STW. You should see an average morale H2 unit fighting until taking about 60% casualties. Low morale units like musketts and yari ashigaru should rout at less than 50% casualties, and high morale units like monks and no-dachi should fight until around 75% casualties. It varies a lot. At this morale you should be able to rally almost all of your routed units unless they are pursued. You should also see cavalry better able to operate independently than in STW.

The individual changes I made to some units is an attempt to make a more balanced game. Nothing too drastic. The increase range of samurai archers is the main idea. CA/DT said these were supposed to have longer range than musketts, but they don't in the default game stats. The MHC are still the strongest cav, but they kill JHC, NC and YC at about 5 to 1 now instead of 10 to 1.

MizuYuuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

I you download it, does affect SP games also?
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Yes the sp game will be affected. The morale will be too low if you use these stats.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

I also dislike the fact that (a) there's only one option and (b) that option has a whole bunch of other stuff tied to it. That's why I made another program based on Yuuki's, which has five options including Yuuki's one. The WORKING version should now be uploaded for the review of the admins..

Of course I hear that Yuuki has been working on something even bigger and badder, so we'll see..

Matt

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Originally posted by Puzz3D:
    Yes the sp game will be affected. The morale will be too low if you use these stats.

Thanks for the answer. Playing mostly SP now, so i won't download it. Maybe later in time because the changes do seem interesting (well balanced) for my liking. I really like all the effect of the changes you made to the new unit parameters.

KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of this tool, but changing the stats. in the middle of a multi-player game seems rather dishonourable, especially if you have many archers.

By the way, longer archery than musketry range does not necessarily mean longer *effective* range ...

FuGu

Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of this tool, but changing the stats. in the middle of a multi-player game seems rather dishonourable, especially if you have many archers.

By the way, longer archery than musketry range does not necessarily mean longer *effective* range ...

FuGu

The program is nearly useless, I have no idea why the simple and easy step to update it to include more options has not yet been taken.

And the fact that it makes more changes than just morale makes any tests done with it inherently unscientific, and is simply a crude attempt to foist one man's particular opinion about the way the game should be on an entire community.

I have no problem with considering Yuuki's particular brand of stats, and in the program that I have created I indeed include them as an option. But more options are needed. Doing this would be as simple as either posting up my program, or as this option would obviously be very unpopular, simply take 10-15 minutes for the creator to make the updates himself.

Seriously.

Matt