Thread: Harvest changes

Hi,
    Has anyone else noticed that the harvests now do not seem to have the plus or minus 50% harvests anymore? I seem to get a lot of negative 25% ones but that is all.

Perhaps they evened out the curve a bit.. hard to say.

I have had a +50% BUT NOT A -50%. Although only one, you may be right.

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

good i was hoping they were going to even it out. . it was a bit to unpredictable!

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

i've had a terrible harvets from timeto time. it seems to happen most when you keep switching your tax rate around.
    tax with impunity one autumn, then switch back to low tax for the other three seasons, and you're chances of getting a terrible harvest goes up considerably. i think this might be intentional programming to discourage people from using what used to be a glitch in the game.

That makes sense, actually. Over-taxing before the next year's crop is planted might cut into the rice available for planting ...

FuGu

Actually I use that 'glitch' regularly at the beginning as I get sick of harvests of anything between 45 and 200 if you play fair. Especially when you realise what the computer is doing.
    Saying that I can not remember the last time I had a negative 50% or positive 50% harvest.

Not complaining mind you