Thread: hi

hi im new to this board im a big fan of stw i dont own but have played mi bcause its not worth the money to me

Hi to you as well.
    Many share your opinion as well on MI.
    Hopfully a patch will come out to make it worthy.Some like it some don't,depends on individuals taste.
    I do like some of the new features on MI.
    Check out some of the other threads for discusion and you'll see different opinions.

TeuTonic
    PIV 2.4
    512 RD1066
    Gigabyte G-8IHXP Mombo
    G4 TI4600
    Audigy Gamer
    Western Digital 80gb HD/8meg cach
    Samsung 19 SyncMaster 950p
    Stransky-Grab your MP-40 and I'll take you where the Iron crosses grow row on row.
    Steiner...

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

welcome. please do yourself a favor and don't visit the OffTopic Forum
    if you have any questions about STW, there are many people here (myself included) who are ready and willing to help.

well i have a question about in stw not mi can you bring a damaged unit to a province and repar it? ive tried it and you cant drag the unit to the queue

No you can't.Retraining units is not an option in the old STW.
    That is one of the options that I like in MI.

TeuTonic
    PIV 2.4
    512 RD1066
    Gigabyte G-8IHXP Mombo
    G4 TI4600
    Audigy Gamer
    Western Digital 80gb HD/8meg cach
    Samsung 19 SyncMaster 950p
    Stransky-Grab your MP-40 and I'll take you where the Iron crosses grow row on row.
    Steiner...

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

with original STW, the best (and only) option to "repairing" damaged units is to combine them with other units of the same type. As long as your combined total isn't over 60 (or whatever your unit setting is at) the two units will combine making a fuller unit. For example a unit of 31 monks and 25 monks will combine, but not 35 monks added to 40 monks since the combined total would be 75. In STW:WE there are different rules to repairing units,which makes things easier, but original STW method can work out with some careful shifting of men.

hello welcolme. . isee the others have beaten me to answer the question u asked

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Welcome to our Dojo!

For me, MI's SP is good.
    The MP that is dissapointing, no mongol vs mongol, chat rooms divided and guns and ashis high honour rule the game. (quite ALL including vets get armies like 8 ashis 8 guns.)

Tera

------------------
    Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

I play mostly SP, and I find the SP game in MI/WE has improved a lot. In addition the developers have made MI/WE open enough for us to create our own custom-made campaigns, e.g. Zen_Blade has made one based on Oda Nobunaga in 1565 (which is downloadable at totalwar.org). So I'd recommend getting it if you like the SP game. But I guess if you only like MP, then it's not worth it.

Seriously guys do you find single player a challenge?? i find its got much easier, u get a geisha u have won! and u get them faster, port invasions poo! and the ai still not a challenge, it builds the daftest armies ive ever seen and the bribing makes it easier also especially bribing ronin armys, also shinobi can basically freeze your enemy, and with the new reinforcement rules even bridges are easier than b4, dont get me wrong i have tried it but IMO it has no challenge whatsoever after a few tries, i start giving the ai advantages now like giving it provinces back , but the game shouldent be like that surely, would have been good to see a nightmare mode or something where u basically couldent win but had to try to survive for the 70 years. so sp no challenge for me now, and mp ruined by the ashigaru elite armys and their 2 bottles of buckfast morale, so i find myself playing old shogun geez

Swoooooooooooooosh

PS: lord of water if your new to the game im sure u will have months of fun :-) im just a grumbling veteran geisha.

Swoosh

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Oh theres a thought the custom campaigns guess ill see what comes out, got zenblades but havent tried it yet.

Swooooooooooooooshooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwl

Swoosh of grey wolves

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha