Thread: What constitutes a rematch?

I've seen a player who hosted and won a comp game refuse a rematch on the same map (totomi) because his opponent, now hosting, chose a different amount of koku. It was a very low koku amount(500). The opponent was irate about it. Are rematches supposed to be under the same conditions with just attack/defend positions switched?

AkaiYuuki Sanada
    Honorable Clan Akai Ken

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

By definition a "re-match" would imply re-playing the match again- no changes. Well, obviously that's not what we want so we say change roles. To mee that is what constitutes a re-match...not fiddling with the map, or koku, or season...just changing attack/defend roles. Any attempt to modify must be agreeable to both parties, or if the change is applied unilaterally IMHO then either party can walk away honor intact
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

It's usually done right after the original match. Fighting 50 people and then deciding on a rematch is less an actual do-over than simply a new game on the same terrain, etc. Unless a specific time/date is selected immedietly after the original battle.

IMHO a complete match should be a play(att)/replay(def) on your settings and a rematch a play(def)/replay(att) on your opponent settings. That we will try to do in the 2v2 League we are organizing with Leoknite.
    But I have to say that I have do a few of these until now and match/rematch are 2 games on the same settings one as att and one as def
    La mort n'est rien mais vivre vaincu et sans gloire c'est mourir tous les jours

I am A simple man so I will just put it simply It is Another match between the same 2 people. qustion thou how can you want a rematch if you have allready been killed

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades