Thread: Just a really nice battle....

This truly is a "general" post, as I just wanted to ask, so far, on expert level, what is the best kill ratio anyone has had when they were fighting and were outnumbered by at least 300+ men at the start?

So far, my best battle to date was yesterday, where on my first real "turn" of the mongol invasion, the Horde invaded Bungo with 1920 men. I had 1200 men to hold the province. Because of the time frame, no one had any upgrades. I held the province, killing 1039 mongol invaders - losing 188 men in the process. The kill ratio on that turns out to be about 5.5:1, which isn't all that bad. I really was suprised I held the province at all, as the horde really pressed me for it. While I have won on Expert before, this was the first time I have been able to wear the Horde down a good bit in the first battle. Heck, that was 25% of their total invasion strength, at least. I do not doubt that, once I tech up, a future battle will give me a better return, as armor and weaponry will give me higher kills and less casualties.

So... what's the best you guys (and gals) have done? Where was it, and when?

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Second round of Mongol campaign, I attacke with 540 vs 960, killing 873, losing 13 on Expert. Most were killed by Mongol LCAV, both with arrows and chasing them off the battlefield.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Not really thaT realistic is it?!?

Still you must have had fun though..

Expert's really not that expert is it...more like normal
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Nah, I've played online too often to let myself be ebaten by the AI.

Mind you, I have had plenty battles on expert, especially after the first couple of turns where things got really hot. As soon as you have to spread out your limited amount of units as Mongol the Hojo can give you a decent run for your money. They won't win the campaign, but they will beat me now and again, when I have to simply take as many enemy soldiers out as I can and then retreat. Scorched earth tactics work miracles here.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Ahh see - there ya go. I don't play online very much (at least, not shogun), and so the AI is competent enough to overrun me at times.

Although - I just had a duplicate battle in Bungo, this time i had more xbowmen - ratio this time was 7.92:1 - 800 dead vs 101 losses.

Given that this is still early in the campaign, and the fact that I have the horde bottled up in 4 provinces, it may very well be a very short invasion. I have an emissary on his way to bribe a large portion of the horde, their first set of reinforcements has arrived and been decimated - unless they pull off a large landing on the north face - they are sunk....

Note to self - place skirmish group north to fend off additional landings.

I may have to back off my defense in a while just to tease the kahn and then spank him. ROFL

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

You can bribe the mongols???!!!

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Yes you can bribe the mongols,the price is eye popping to say the least.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Well, 552-9, but I was only out numbered by one hundred and I was using the Mongols on Wakasa. Still, 61-1 is not too bad is it?

------------------
    The Fuh (:
    The Fuh (:

not my best ratio ever but definatly my favourite battle, In the 1530 Campaign as Takeda I started with 500 men (about 5 years in) and held Shinano against 2000 Hojo beggars, killed around 1200 and won the day with 80-odd men remaining...you only get battles that fun every month or two and you cherish it, not sure whether you'll win or loose is rare for single player y'know
    Have you seen the fnords?

Well I forgot to set it too expert once and played on normal, 1473 kills and 83 losses it sucks.