Thread: Reinforcements very erratic

Wondered if anyone else has this problem. I only seem to notice on river battles, but that's because I rarely have to worry about it in non-river battles.

I had a force of about 1800 against 2100 enemies. A few units get killed off or routed due to arrows, as usual. I eventually get the enemy to rout (which is tough on a river battle, but nonetheless) I chase them off the screen. However, MY units that routed have still not been reinforced!

For the computer, it seems like his reinforcements come in after a short while has passed (but not everyone on his side is routed), but my reinforcements wait until EVERYONE on my side is dead or routed, then they all appear at once.

Is this the way it works in all cases now? It really sucks.

Duff
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO

NOBODY has this problem? Am I the lucky one?

Duff
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO

Duff,

Your not the only person to see this - its discussed in a number of other posts. Probly why you have not recieved any other responses.

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

duff,
    As advised this is a major issue. It is difficult to fight if you are worried about not receiving your re-inforcements so you do not withdraw your exhausted troops or go for replacements when your archers are depleted. Trying to fight the AI who has fresh troops while you are using totally exhausted troops is a pain. Though it has taught me not to march quickly unless forced. Preserving your troops is very important. So is taking on a more balanced army in your 16. No more take on lots of archers and a few hth and then withdraw the archers knowing that cavalry are the first re-inforcements. Now you have to take on a more balanced army.
    You either do that or if you really out-number the enemy and you are feeling confident - hit auto-resolve - and pray.
    I am sure that EA are well aware of the problem and it will be resolved in the patch.

Good luck