Thread: NEW UNITS!!

EA has just announced a new patch containing new units.

Cavalry geishas: Strongest field unit. Can use invisibility in multyplayer.

Arquebus emissary: "you can achieve much more with an kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Ashigaru ninja: Very weak but cheap ninja. Kills emissaries at a 17% chance.

Thunder bomber shinobi: Apart from raising a revolt he also destroys enemy facilities at the expence of his life.

666-priest: Converts enemy provinces to satanism, which results in less koku per year. Could also raise a satanmonk revolt (worst).

Oh boy, I cant wait to see these new units in the game!

------------------
    A dagger in the night is worth a hundred swords at dawn.
    "A dagger in the night is worth a hundred swords at dawn."

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Krast's new mod contains the 'lengendary cook' strategic unit.

This fearsome necromancer converts enemy losses into koku, making your army stronger for every head collected.

Gah! Soup for all!

That is nothing. How about my mod. I have mad elots of new units. Like stormtroopers, AT-ST, AT-AT's, x-wings, pod racers for scouting and a death star to kill em all if you are loosing!

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.fateback.com
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Mine is based on the babiest babe ever thread. No comment.

------------------
    Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

i have to agree with Terazawa. his naked ninjas are a site to behold...course they conceal themselves way too often ;)

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Lol guys! How about a legendary fireman who can hose down the enemy gunners from a safe distance?
    Great ideas, but not quite as funny or outlandish as that damned Kensai (sword saint!) who can, singlehandedly, keep half your army tied up for most of the battle. Those invisible battlefield ninja are pretty irritating as well.
    I've seen a few enemy Kensai in the SJ campaign but never battlefield ninjas. However I've come across lots of both in the mini campaigns and they are extremely difficult to deal with. I discovered the only chance I had was to press the "legendary" pause button every 5 seconds to keep track of where these SOB's were so I could keep my Taisho out of harm's way. :-)

i dont belive (how would a geisha on a horse be invisible) i theink there should be a daimyo/hatamatono unit instead of hc

Actually I think that Cavalry Geisha should be Cavalry Geisha Archers, they could be equipped with long range hairpins which they can use to throw at the enemy soldiers necks. Hey I wonder if is considered dishounerable to kill a woman in the field of battle. If it was then you could have a Kensai Geisha, armed with a fork she could kill all of the enemy without even being attacked!

Battle Outcome:

Heads Taken: 1920
    Men Lost: 0 (no women lost either)

Hey here's a good one: Warrior Priests. They're like Warrior monks except they don't like to kill people, they just sprinkle holy water on them and shout prayers at the enemy instead.

Result: Not very good against Buddhist armies but they can tell Christian armies to leave the battlefield and do 50 hail marys or whatever.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

My mod introduces the Matthew McConaughey Taisho...

I'm sure there is at least one ORG member that recalls this unit's specialty... (HINT: More devastating than Thunder Bombers!)
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

How bout catapult bombers, they're thrown into the air with small wings and glide over the battle field raining bombs. hmmmmmmm. Praps not then

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

Dare I ask you to explain the Matthew McConaughey joke? Perhaps it is just me that it is lost on!

I still think Warrior Priests would be cool (stupid)!!!!

Or holy hand grenadiers!!!!

Remember to count to 3 first not 5.

I find the arquebus emissary is the coolest.
    Just imagine him pointing his big arquebus in the rival daymios face, asking him very kindly for a treaty

Regarding the killing of women asked by Foonslice: No I dont think killing women in those days was dishounorable, as there where also a lot of female warriors who mastered the sword and put up a good fight.

------------------
    A dagger in the night is worth a hundred swords at dawn.
    "A dagger in the night is worth a hundred swords at dawn."

Quote Originally posted by Foonslice:
    Dare I ask you to explain the Matthew McConaughey joke? Perhaps it is just me that it is lost on![/QUOTE]

I shall educate you, Foon...

On Leno some time ago... Matthew McConaughey was the main guest. Well... he went on to discuss some of the hidden talents some of his 'family members' possessed. His 'cousin' had a 'talent' that really shocked the crowd: he could drop his pants, bend over, and lauch a turd out of his arse 20 feet through the air -- and clear a fence! My remark in the original post on this was that this redefined the term 'Thunder Bombers'...

How about samurai accountants? A gang audit from a unit these fellows will have your legendary warriors grasping their koku in sheer terror.

Even deadlier, are the No-Dachi social workers, who are unsurpassed at helping the emotionally challenged samurai get in touch with his anger and feelings of inadequacy...
    Their moto (delivered at full charge): "I'm deadly enough, I'm honorable enough, and damn it, I like me!"

I think that there should be upgrades for not only Weps & Armor, but also for Ugly and Stinky. A high Ugly upgrade would reduce the morale of enemy troops once they got a good look at your troops up close. A high Stink upgrade would help to offset the limited effectiveness of archers on windy days by allowing the archers to stay upwind of the enemy and reduce enemy morale from the stench of their unclean bodies. A favorite new unit of mine would be the Ugly Geisha unit, which would not be able to kill any troops, but would break up enemy formations and chase enemy missile troops by trying to steal a kiss from them. She would also reduce morale by telling everyone that she had slept with their daimyo/general! You could add a sound file, which has the enemy screaming in Japanese "Oh Buddha no! Save us from this humiliation!"

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

elm,

if we add those 'bonuses' (questionable use of that word there), then we'd have to add the new units of plastic surgeon kensai, liposuction samurai, and ashigaru firehose brigade. ;)

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Yo Kraellin: did you say Leiderhosen Samurai?!?