Thread: False Information on Multiplay Mongol Invasion?

Under the information link on the first page of this site, under the Mongol Invasion section is says, "A multiplayer strategy game option has been introduced."

Did I completely misunderstand this statement or was it not in the game? My understanding was that this meant you could play the campeign style game, "strategy game", multiplayer. I bought the new edition today and to my great frustration this was not an option.

Anyway I mostly was just curious as to if I was missing something or if this indeed was not a feature in the game and/or if it is a planed addition for the future.

Thanks for any help.

Takara

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

there is no multiplay campaign mode. The website was not updated accordingly
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Yes - the relevant page has not been updated since the developers announced they are unable to include it in time. It has since been promised that it will be included in a later patch, but that doesn't seem very likely, either.
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Thats some pretty strong language, for someone from Dallas. I mean, to just blatantly accuse the Developers of promoting false information!

Actually, now that I've had a moment to reflect, it's not very strong language, after all. It's an accurate statement, and a dissapointing one, to boot.

However, there is a bright side. It may be, if you join a group of like-minded friends, you can somewhat approximate a multi-player campaign. The only real obstacle to it, seems to be, the closeness of the group of friends.

A Multiplayer Strategy Option was supposed to be in the first edition of the game aswell, remember?
    I don't really think Electronic Arts take us very seriously when they continue to charge for these patches (called expansions).