Thread: just got mi its so-so

i just got mi from a friend . its so-so good new units just hate the reienforcents. got a question are battle field ninja good in a melee im not doing the campaing yet only customs. i think the mongols were well made except for skirmishers........ to good ranged attack. i like the thunder bombers if they actually work there good against naginatas and ys

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

They are good in melee against poorly armored foot soldiers (cav will tear them up) but their real use is for special ops missions (like crossing bridges first, assinating the ennemy general etc...). Their greatests strengths are stealtha and speed (fastest foot soldiers), use them.

The best part of MI is the Sengoku SP campaigns, that part of the game is more than excellent.

[This message has been edited by KumaRatta Yamamoto (edited 09-23-2001).]
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

so they are good for flanking a daimyo or archer/musket unit or swarming them because i lothe bridge croosings but with naginata cav it might be easier considering they only use ya

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz answer

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

They are good for sneak attacks because unless being very close to them or unless they move, you can't see them...
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

BN are good in bridge crossings to get in behind the enemy and wait for your attack. If you go early with them (before battle has commenced)then the AI will use cavalry against you and you are dead.
    Put them in position behind the Taisho and wait for battle to commence and in the confusion you can reap havoc.
    They are also great in attacking castles. Just make sure that they are not the only unit you send in as they become the Taisho and get a big white blob telling the AI where you are - did that once! - they can stand in front of the castle gates and trade it with archers and with their ammo supply they will take out the entire castle - seriously easy. Totally changes castle assaults once you get them. They also pick up honour so quickly becasuse of the small numbers in the group, and honour assists accuracy (I think??).
    Personally I never bother with the Kensai - they get tired too quickly and are mincemeat for BN - but I love the BN.
    Sorry this went on so long.

i love kensai against ashigaru mhc is too pwerfull i think now im testing units on green map that map rules fpr testing because no advantages in clear weather because its perfectly flat...... i have an obvious statment but i actuall calculate attack and defense rating and during math i found out that 1on1 no dachi is crushed by naginatana