Thread: Zooming Question

Ok, this may be a dumb question, sorry I'm a newbie, just purchased the game two days ago, but I read somewhere you could zoom in closer to the units, I haven't been able to figure out how this is possible yet if it is, I know from some of the screenshots it looks like you can, but no look...so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also just a quick question, As a starter I've been playing in the easiest mode, just wondering if the advanced modes gives you more options on what you can do, or if it just bumps up the AI?

Thanks in advance.

You can zoom closer with the -+*/ buttons mate try em all :P
    I do not use it mate because you look view distance and you can have yer camera too close on the ground and you won't be able to see what is happening thus you will need to turn the camera all the time. Stay with what you have mate

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.fateback.com
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

you can also zoom on the campaign map with the numberpad 1 and 3 keys.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Press the right button and all your soldiers wear red and blue striped shirts...
    Silence is beautiful

Moving *really* close (as in to see the white in the soldiers' eyes ), as some "screenshots" seem to depict, isn't really possible. They're just concept art. If that's what you meant.

As for the harder difficulty levels, they're only more difficult, not more complex. The game is the same, the AI is just better.

------------------
    "Lo there do I see my father / Lo there do I see my mother / and my sisters and my brothers / Lo there do I see the line of my people / back to the beginning / Lo they do call to me / They bid me take my place among them / in the Halls of Valhalla / where the brave may live forever"
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

zooming in won't be visually pleasing as the soldiers are just simple sprites and cartoonish... not 3d