Thread: Could this happen?...........

i was wondering say if you had no heirs. you sent his army into battle into the last province with there daimyo without without heirs. both daimyos die in the battle.Who wins oh ya you win the battle?

on another subject im doing good on my second campaing this one with shims and i own about to oda lands but lord hojo began a massive offensive and i cant hold every province indefinitly so i am trying to do as most casualities as possibe fighting bitterly even if out numbered 2-1 in every province waiting for reinenforcments please give me any tips dont say geisha i got one on the heirless lord but its taken her 3 years so far

LoW,

To answer your first question - if you take an heirless (not hairless like me LOL) Diamyo into battle against the enemy - whether or not the enemy Diamyo is present - and your Diamyo is killed - you lose. It doesnt matter if you win the battle or not.

As for your second question - there are 2 hints for you. First - since you have conquered Mori - you have lots of provinces that can add armor upgrades to your troops. This is KEY - as it allows you to win battles even when heavily outnumbered. If you own a line to the emperor - you have almost all the armor capable provinces (Hojo should only have 3 provinces armor capable). USE THIS!
    Secondly - fight defensive for now, but create an army built for PURE offense - most useful is a mix of (more) naginata and (some)heavy cavalry - maybe with one or 2 yari cav for when your opponent routs. Use this force to stage a "breakout" - get thru the enemy line however you can - then move every turn deeper in - don't worry about holding these provinces - just take em - pillage em - making sure to sell any building left from your takeover (You will have lots of famous dojo's that you can sell 2x) and get the cash. This not only adds koku to your treasury - but most importantly it slows the troop production and quality that hojo has. It is most necessary to at least raid the important provinces - those with armor capability - deny your opponent armor and you stand a much better chance on the battlefield. This action will pull some of his troops out to chase you - let them. Never sit in one province unless you have nowhere to go. Try and avoid this - its not hard to keep from being trapped. As your raiding - create shinobi by the truckload - and slowly move your defensive line forward since a lot of Hojo's troops will be chasing your marauders. As you move forward - use the shinobi to get loyalty quick so that you do not have to deal with large garrisons. Rinse and repeat as necessary - remembering to use make sure your best generals are always on the front lines. Its nothing to have a well balanced army with honor of 4-6 if you run it right. At full strength an army like this - with max upgrades - is nigh unstoppable in SP.

One last note - geisha are useful - but cannot be relied upon solely. The shogun is a warlord - trust your men at arms, your generals, and yourself.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

too late i,m narrowing them down to their remaining provinces and all my guys died of illess except last one so hes like 100 so he will sigh...... now i have to reastart plus all the provinces require so many troops to take even an army with all upgrades loses after a few

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

unfortunately, BSM is dead right. the point of the game is to become Shogun; if you're Daimyo isn't alive, then he can't be Shogun. Easy!

Unfortunately???

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

what do you do? prop him up on a throne and just 'pretend'
    Have you seen the fnords?

Of course not, you put him on ice but before he dies get him to sign a piece of papaer saying he's just resting

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

i suppose you could simply get a body-double, a lookalike and parade him around the provinces so that all of Japan thinks they have a daimyo and that you won the game, but i doubt it would work.
    unfortunately, this option is only available to the Takeda clan.

Kagemusha, me thinks!

------------------
    I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as a member!.
    I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as a member!.

Soly - that reminds me of the film El Cid when he's strapped to his horse despite being dead, it gives his side a morale boost and scares off the enemy (my Grandfather is in that film).

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

I must say I think the pillaging of enemy provinces as described above is, if not a cheat, dishonourable.

The AI never does it, and doesn't seem to understand the possiblity of it happening to it. I also think its totally unrealistic. Fair enough in properly held lands where you can recycle the building materials and such but when all you are doing is firing buildings getting money for it seems a bit odd to say the least.

Does anyone know if pillaging damages loyalty in a province btw?