Thread: for those who where asking about Kessen

I have seen Kessen about six months back I have even seen the intro movie very inpresive (plus it almost looks as if I'm in it daimyo in the blue armour with tessen) and I wouldn't say its of the subject of shogun totalwar as it is a samurai based warfare game.

and yes based in the the same period as shogun in many ways as well the few reveiws of it I've heard of so far say that it is shogun for the ps2 thou we'll just have to wait and see but I for one will be getting it when I can get may hands on a ps2 that is.

but certainly a must have a quick look at at lest once for all samurai warfare nuttys.
    Sayonara

Towashima Masakaido

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Actually, I have a friend who has the game (it has been out for a month or so).

this what I can tell you.
    him and I are both old Nobunaga's Ambition players and although he liked it, I think he was pretty disappointed b/c it is just the battle type thing.

I believe he said it was a reenactment of Sekigahara. You basically just fight the battle as one side and control troops and such and can try to get an enemy daimyo or two to defect. Also, if I remember correctly, he thought it was too easy. Don't know about replayability though.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

So it's basically STW, with only the tactical combat part, generally worse in all aspects, and with no historical accuracy? Oh dear. A PS2 game all right.

Someone might want to toss this discussion into Off-Topic... ASAP.

------------------
    "The right use of the sword is that it should subdue the barbarians while lying gleaming in its scabbard. If it leaves its sheath it cannot be said to be used rightly."
    - Tokugawa Ieyasu: Legacy
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Bit of a negitive veiw there of Anssi Hakkinen you dont by any chance own a dream cast there now.

well I'm glad to get some feed back if only for my own use.

and alougth it does seem a little basic when compered to the likes of shogun I'm sure it should at least be fun for a bit, over the easy bit thou does sound disapointing thou if its a japanese copy of the game for some reason the game ai tends to be a bit easyer metal gear soild is a fine case.

but thanks for the feed back and if anyone else has or has played the game please feel free to share your veiw of it with us,
    maybe get a mixed responce going.
    Sayonara

Towashima Masakaido

p.s

It has not yet come out over here in the uk hence my when it comes out before...

just so you dont think I'm well behind on the times, (as much as I might be that is.)
    Sayonara

Towashima Masakaido

Discussion of Kessen is Off-Topic.

I moved another Kessen thread over there a couple of days ago...