Thread: New Patch .101b.What u Think..

Is this want we all wanted?
    Everybody happy now?
    What other improvement should, now be made if any.....Maybe EA will improve it more

------------------
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

There will only be very little time for improvements. This patch will be submitted to the approval program, and then it cannot be altered.

So don't expect much changes to this patch. Maybe minor details will be possible, but I don't count on it.

But having played with this yesterday (as beta tester) I can only say that the online experience makes sense again. Plays like STW but has all the extra features that now finally come to life online.

We did a KOTH 3v3 yesterday, and you should just see the difference the Morale solution makes for THAT!!!

Excellent.

[This message has been edited by Erado San (edited 09-28-2001).]
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Well we will soon see once all the vets get there hands on this patch

Hmmm...

Been away for a bit, and as i come back to see what's going on (and wondering how many boxes of tissues have been used up in my absence) i find that a patch has been completed! Wow! I wonder if we can all just play the game now and have some fun...

Although i must admit: it doesn't seem likely that it'll be that easy...

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Quote Originally posted by Shoko:
    Is this want we all wanted?
    Everybody happy now?
    What other improvement should, now be made if any.....Maybe EA will improve it more

[/QUOTE]

It would be real nice if in SP they would make the Ronin act like the seperate factions they should be. If thats beyond them then they should just make them another clan.

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

What can I say people.. this patch make my living meaningful again!!!

So far.. the patch looks great!! Almost the same STW feel.. with additional feature of weapon and armour upgrade of MI.. and they even revise the upgrade cost to a more realistic koku for online... that goes for WM (550 koku), Musk (250 koku!), as well as the mongol cav (but I still feel the cav are still too good).

The online game is now more challenging.. much more different army makeup for you to choice.. and the musk koku raise surely will change the way low koku games are played.

Personally recommendation: 5000/6000 koku games are probably the most challenging!

Have fun and I hope all the STW veterans come back!!

------------------
    tootee the toothless warrior
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Ahhhh SHOGUN breathes again its demons excorsised wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Because of the patch I have been playing in MI and actually enjoying it! It makes an instant improvement to gameplay....tactics and skillful handling of your army has returned! No more slug fests to the last Ashi!!!!! Horrahhh!

KenchiKagetora

So far so good then

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

The patch sucks!!! **JUST KIDDING** I have only played one game with the new patch and cannot make a real judgement on it yet. I just wanted to break up this love-fest before we all start holding hands and singing.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

*grabs Elmo's hand*

"Tra la la la lal al lal all la!"

(you asked for it Elmo).

Elmo we like to hold hands and sing ring a ring a roses.............

Swoosh

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

It's the greates MP patch ever.

Actually it's the first one which affects MP play...(1.12 just was less lag and added a private part in foyer)

Tera

------------------
    Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

GAH!

Elmo runs away from Krast!

Bumps into Swoosh.

She takes awy his Nikes.

Starts singing "I believe I can fly" (Michale Jordan's Theme Song)

Elmo starts to sing with them.

Music suddenly stops.

Everybody stops singing and looks at Elmo.

Swoosh gives Elmo his Nikes back.

Krast runs away as Elmo tries to grab his hand.

Elmo looks around. Nobody in sight.

"WHAT NOBODY LIKES MY SINGING?"

Elmark,

You got what you wanted! Mongol vs Mongol, Early Jap vs Early Jap and mixed sides to boot! This is great. You are happy. Right? We just got 3 new games for free, and the Mongols are rebalanced with cost adjustments. And, with Mongols you can drink while you're playing, and still have a chance of winning. Just not as much of a chance as before.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

well, early reports are saying what target said a long time ago, the mongs are nasty, specially the mong hvy cav. i believe target told us before that that's why the morale was boosted so high before and now we're really seeing why. even raising mong hvy cav to 800 koku doesnt stop them. not sure why they didnt just lower the stats a bit for these. 8-10 H0 mhc can pretty much beat anything the japs have, cept maybe 16 high honor ys's. that's according to tosa.

we need a beta test council to sit down with this for about a month and make some serious tests and recommendations to ca/di.

the game is closer to the original stw now as far as morale, but some balancing is still needed. and why a limit of 4 mong armies in a 4v4? seems odd. and like someone else posted, it's hard to change from attacker to defender when setting up.

i also noticed in one custom game that jap heavy cav seem different now also. i fought one unit of those down to the last man and he still wouldnt rout...had to kill them all.

units seem to fatigue easier than original stw.

routing seems about right...guns tend to go first, followed by weakened, lone units. and didnt notice the rout bug yet. rallying seems a bit tougher, but i could rally some...could have just been that i'm used to the other we/mi style now. i did notice the chain routing a bit, but it seemed more correct now...i could tell WHY units routed more easily. not sure if they did something there or if i've just gotten a bit better. but i couldnt complain this time cause i could see i was easily beat and knew it, so it didnt bother me when remaining army started heading for the hills.

havent tried koth yet, but anxious to see how new reinforcements and morale work there. if it works like last man standing then for sure yer gonna need yer men to come in as reinforcements on yer side in a koth game.

has anyone tried a capture the honjin game and did they fix the bug there about recapturing those?

all in all, it seems to be mostly back to stw mode now. the best evidence of this is all the newbie complaining about getting routed. hehehe...i love it. reality sets in :)

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Kraellin, mail me, will you?
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Puzz, I have only played one game thus far and it was a mongol/jap mixed 4v4. So I can't really say. But, YES I think the patch has improved upon the game and I am happy with the results, even if it still has a few warts. I noticed in my game that an H0 light mongol cav was able to defeat 2 of my nag cav units H2. None of the three had any upgrades to wep or arm. The light mongol cav unit killed about 75 to 80 of my naginata cav and then only routed due to some other units routing thru his army. So that would be 900 koku of my troops that i wasted on less than 500 of his. I think the cost of the arm and wep upgrades needs to be decreased by about 50% or so from what they bumped it up to. As it currently stands, it is cheaper to bump up the honor level of most units rather than add an upgrade to their arm or weps. Overall, I am very happy with the patch. BIG UGLY KISS TO THE DEVELOPERS FOR MAKING OUR WISHES COME TRUE!!

Gah! Krast's guns can kill large army of enemy, more skillful opponent, Krast yawning ho hum ...

Why change the fine balance of old Shoggy?

Now it seems the balance is gone ... sad.

Guns are way way way over the top, I mean i can imagine guns mowing down lots of monks, more than they do in game infact if this were real life but this realism just spoils the game...Its near impossible to lose with 9 guns now as they do so much damage. There was a fine blance in old shogun thats been ruined now, the patch so far is great but needs to adress these matters to keep myslef and I'm sure many others playing the game. It really is also just the friggin guns that spoil the entire game for me...Maybe there is balance in Mongol I dont know for sure as hv cav is so destructive but well the guns spoil the game still in sengoku. Good improvement on morale and that though, its how we wanted it there. Some might say if 9 guns dont lose, then y not u use em....but that is feking boring and anyone that can get off on watching 9 static units repeat the same actions over and over and over again till the enemy rushes to their doom is not appreciating the whole game engine at all of shogun total war.

I dont like at all the status given to me as "ronin". Ill try to make more posts, but I urge whoever has the power to do so to make me at least a Legendary Swordsman, number of posts is irellevant in this case.......I am really serious Hmmmpff *stamps foot*

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

damn.. *oops no swearing* if only I can point my musketeers at those bloody mongol cavalry...

------------------
    tootee the toothless warrior (aka goldfish shimazu)
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

*BUMP* I want more people to read this and give their opinions, also I want to lose the totally inaccurate status of "ronin" on this forum.

I want more people to read this and voice their opinions on muskets in particular...Its spoiling the fun for me and I'm sure anyone who comes across 8 guns etc *moan, moan, moan*

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Well im pretty happy about the patch... mainly due to the morale reworking
    I still don't like the way the mongol cav units handle so im just sticking to the old skool for now its not exactly as it was in STW but it is a giant improvement on what we got with WE/MI

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa,

Forgive me, I fail to understand the musket problem to a full extend.

In STW some people used up to 11 guns too ( I've done that too once). Here the muskets are more expensive (to compensate for their ability to fire in rain, probably at a reduced rate (?)).

As a sidenote: did you know that Japanese could impregnate the fuse, so that arquebuses could fire in rain? They could.

I don't say that muskets are good, in fact the musket as we know it was never commonly used in Japan (there was absolutely no reason for muskets to be used). I say that there isn't much difference (for the gun) between MI/WE and the original STW.

The enemy has only 16 units, so if he has 7 guns that means that he doesn't have enough stuff to protect them, you can buy cheap powerful cavalry now. Combine that with muskets boyscout morale.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net
    Ja mata

TosaInu

I agree with Tosa on the musks....the fact that they cost far more now should compensate a lot. I honestly haddent noticed any big difference between them and their STW cousins in terms of their killing power.
    I could be wrong...time will tell as we play it more i guess.

KenchiKagetora

Yes, the killing power of muskets has increased significantly. Whereas before, the killing power of an archer might kill 30 monks to a gun's 10-12, now the guns kill 30-40 in the time it takes an archer to kill 30. So there's no reason to pick archers .... the guns have both the killing power and the morale effect.

It's still possible to lose a battle with eleven guns (Krast has proven this vs uglies) but with a little more practice Krast's Evil Army will soon be all guns with only a small supporting force of spears. And Krast will get many heads.

Not as bad as a monk or super-ashi rush, since it does call for some skill to employ guns to best effect ... but not fun for people who don't enjoy gun battles.

P.S. Krast still wants his 'legendary cook' status. Gah!

Pussie just wants "Legend" status
    PUUUUSSSSSIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE POOOOWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!