Thread: Very cool retraining fact...

I didn't know it, but if you have a depleted unit with upgrades and retrain it in one of the special provinces; Yamashiro, Kii, Statsuma, ect. the unit can only benefit from the training & attributes of the province, and will lose nothing. I had an honor 4 monk general with legendary armor & weapons and retrained his depleted unit in Kii where I had a drill dojo, temple complex & legendary swordsmith & palace but no armory as the province wouldn't support it. When he got out, he was honor 5 and still had that sweet armor! Yamashiro is an especially nice retraining province beings it gives a plus one honor for all troop types to begin with. So fellow warriors, the lesson here is: Train your troops in an armory province, then retrain them in a specialty province! Imagine the hitting & staying power of well armored & armed Satsuma No-Dachis! Woooooogiiiii!!!

It seems that the developers have overdone it .

The free update surely will benefit human players, but if you ask me, it doesn't make too much sense at all.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

nice to know.
    thanks

how do you retrain?

------------------
    Here little Jappie, i'm gonna getcha hahahaha!

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Retraining is a nice feature, but I always find it cumbersome to remove by seasoned troops from the front to sit behind the lines and wait for them to be retrained...
    Silence is beautiful

JapKiller,
    Move the troops that you want to retrain to a province that has the facilities that will retrain the troops. In other words don't move archers to a province without an archery dojo.
    The next turn you open the training window in that province as if you were going to create a new unit but you click on the unit that you want to retrain and then select the icon at the bottom bit of the screen that represents that unit and drag it in to the training window. You can select multiple units and drag them all at once - up to 6 units.
    What you get is all of the bonuses that the province contains without losing any of the units bonuses that it already had and it will cost you nothing as long as you do not need new troops - meaning that if you retraing a unit of 20 troops you have to pay for the extras but if you have a full troop it costs you nothing for all of the bonsues. Neat feature.
    After a big battle if I am cleaning up my army by combining the units that I can, there are often small 'leftovers'. I send them for retraining. Keeps things clean and you are upgrading. It is also a shame to let a province with legendary armour sit idle. So next time you get a harvest of negative koku and you can not create any units shift some units to a province with extra bonuses and retrain some troops.
    I hope this helps - and makes sense

agree with Running Backwards...nevr have time to train. I usually build my best troops in selected provinces (with armoury). I am a favourite with Uesugi, so Sado, Shinano, Hitachi are my provinces where I build tech warrior monks, naginata and no-daichis..while I have shimosa as a backup provinces for the other troops.. Kazusa for my emissaries and ninjas.

I hardly ever build drill dojos..am i missing something?

If u take a unit of archers to a place with an atchery dojo, but not a palace, and tey have an honour of -1, do they get back to honour 0, if so, is it the same with -2 honour ect.?

------------------
    Here little Jappie, i'm gonna getcha hahahaha!

LOL, if i was a lesser person, i would be trying very hard not to be offended by that name and sig... as it stands now, i'll take it as a joke (albeit quite a bad one).

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."