Thread: Freaky

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

i just played a friendly MP game. All patched up and ready to go, I took that famously balanced army of 12 Korean skirmishers and 4 MLC. Fair enough. all of a sudden though I'm fighting muskets and Ninja with my boys. They performed well, put up a stirling attack but somehow a time machine has been invented. One thing i did discover is that Javelinmen are the only way to deal wiht Battlefield Ninja. Three volleys and bye bye Ninja. They couldn't even get within range. But what is going on ...

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

What you are mentioning is a stange bug indeed... if someone joins a game at the exact same time the host changes the era, there may be a mixed army like that.

For example, I wanted to host a late japanese game but accidentally set it up as mongel. The very second i restarted the game with the correct era -- two people joined up. It was like they were already waiting for me in the lobby before I even got there. When the game started I had guns. Someone else asked if it was mongel or jap, and i said jap. HEHE to my surprise my ally and one opponent told me they were mongel and a very odd game ensued.

This needs to be fixed quickly, as honor hogs will try to capitalize on this bug to trick people in comp games

"I AM SO SMART
    S-M-R-T!"

[This message has been edited by Major Robert Dump (edited 10-01-2001).]
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Same thing happened with me and tank a while back but noone believed me hehe

Rath...

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

So that means I DO can shoot at those bloody Mongol Cav? Wahahaha.. I wannatry!

--tootee aka goldfish shimazu
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

I was wondering how long it would take before someone noticed this bug. We found it during beta testing.

If a host first hosts a MI battle, then exits and hosts a SJ battle (quickly) then the joiners sometimes can select Mongol forces. Could also be triggered by the host first selecting MI and then quickly selecting SJ and hosting perhaps, but I haven't tried this.

Maybe this is a bit more prone to dropped internet connections though, especially if all the players select many different trop types, as the huge amount of unit graphics to load can cause video cards to run out of memory.

Still, this is one bug I'm glad they didn't fix.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Erado San:

Still, this is one bug I'm glad they didn't fix.
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, so can anyone tell me.. if a MHC charge into musk.. who is stronger? the jap cav normally will route.. interesting..

------------------
    tootee the toothless warrior (aka goldfish shimazu)
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.