Thread: Kraellin maps available soon!

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

hi guys...and admins,

i just finished uploading my new maps to the .org. it's not posted yet. you'll have to wait for tosa to get to it :)

this is a 10 map pack all in one zip. all original by myself. it shows off some of the new things that can be done with the editor and play. there is a large variety of maps in this pack, some scenic, some watery, some forts, hills, flats, mountains, and a variety of tricks with water, models and other things.

roughly, the names are:

borderfort (reinforcements, a river and small fort)
    dueling castles (2 castles within gun range)
    dune (inspired by re-make of Dune)
    emperor's home (the emperor's palatial home)
    highlands (very varied ground)
    high-low road (attacker's map)
    ninja grounds (lots of varied hiding spots)
    the creek (flattish, with wadable water)
    the swamp (flat swamp with passable water)
    unzen again (remake of my earlier stw map)

shld be something in there for just about anyone.

enjoy!

to the admins, i also posted in the mods forum, but there is no good way to let all the folks know about these things other than here, so please leave this up for a few days or years :)

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Where's the map "ElmosRevenge" Kraellin. You know the one. It's surrounded on all sides by water and mountains so my men can't run away!! hehe
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

i was forced to take pity on yer men and scrap that one...all those drowning uglys was spoiling the water too ;)

k, tosa posted the pack, so it's up and ready. :)

K.

------------------

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Thanks Krae,just tried the swamp and ninja grounds in custom battles.They are superb as usual.Good job!

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

thanks hosakawa,

one thank-you like that makes it all worthwhile :)

yeah, i think 'the swamp' is my favorite of those 10 new ones.

------------------

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

nice maps, i downloaded and tried some. just one prob (there always is) and it seems on even-koku battles i can't get the enemy general to engage me! time and again they always run off the map. i tried rasing the koku amounts for the AI controlled side, but nothing reasonable seems to work. this has happened on the big castle and castle duel maps. any ideas?

soly,

i hope yer kidding here. if yer not then all i can say is that the patch somehow changed things, cause both those maps were made before the patch. i'll check them again now that i'm also patched.

were you playing as attacker or defender or both?

and the dueling castles map was checked online with yuuki, so i know that one worked correctly before the patch and the emperor's home was checked online with tosa...quite odd.

K.

------------------

it's true, at least for me. both as defender and attacker. i'm sure the maps work fine, but perhaps in custom battle the AI sees too much terrain (they are beautiful maps, btw) and just figures it can't win. that's my hypothesis.

odd soly,

i played in custom on both maps as attacker and defender and they worked just fine...just now. dunno what's goin on with your system. you patched? running we or mi? 16 units on both sides? japanese or mongol game?

i played 16 japanese units on both sides, 5000k each. with the morale set back like it is now, it's almost impossible to take either castle, but i never had any problem having the ai attack me. in fact, as the defender, he was so aggressive that he came out of his castle to get me.

since these maps were tested before they were posted both in custom and online and since they both still work for me in custom, i'd have to say there's something going on with your system to make them do what they did for you. dunno what that would be, but sounds like it's local to your machine.

or maybe i put the wrong map version up with those 2. if somehow i got the wrong versions in there in the zip, then it might act like you are saying. i'll check.

the only other thing that i could see being different is that my machine has copies of the maps in both the savemaps folder and the battle\maps folder. could be when i run a custom game it's taking it from the savemaps folder or something, but even then, it shldnt make a difference.

anyone else have the trouble soly is reporting?

and thanks for the compliments, soly :)

K.

------------------

soly,

i checked the zip file. it has the correct versions in it. so, whatever is going on must be something with your machine, game version, patch, or something.

K.

------------------

okay I'll give 'em another go. but the game (STW:WE) works fine on my system. thanks for looking into it.

k soly,

i found yer bug. very weird. enemy would attack with 1 or 2 units only, then whole army would back off, regroup facing the wrong way and start marching wrong way, stop,regroup again, march wrong way some more, until it finally seemed to trip the rout bug and most of the army would start running away. very weird.

i have NO idea what's going on there. i ran 3 tests yesterday and had NO problems. today it's like a totally different game. one thing that was different, was that yesterday i ran the tests on the original maps. today i ran them on the 'final versions'. the ONLY difference between those maps is the name of the map itself.

every test i ran yesterday said it was just something with your machine. every test i ran today said it was a buggy map. i have NO idea what's doing it. it's like the game loaded in a completely different AI to play.

i'll have to run some more tests now and try and find out what's going on. very weird.

yesterday, whether i was attacker or defender, the ai played very well on both maps. today it's like the ai is determined to rout bug itself to death. i've no clue why this shld be this way, but at least you now know it's not something weird with your system.

first game i played today was on emperor's home. i defended. enemy marches one archer unit up towards the walls, gets shot by my guns, loses 10 men in first volley and takes off at a run. then his general marches up, gets shot, takes off. his whole army then pulls back near his starting position, forms up facing the wrong way and starts marching. marches about 10 yards, forms up again, and marches another 10 yards. it just keeps doing this until it hits a certain point then the units rout. lol. quite weird.

ah well, back to the editor...

K.

------------------

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

I've had this problem, it's made testing my maps a nightmare. All i can do is attack wiht such a weak army it's bound to get beat but move it around so much the AI has to use the map and hopefully show up bugs. As yet i've found none, but that doesn't guaraNTEE THE MAPS ARE CLEAR OF THEM. rEAD MY POST IN eDITING AND MODS, I'VE UPLOADED SOME TO TEST IF PEOPLE WOULD BE SO KIND. (oops CAPS)

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra