Thread: Favorite Army Balances?

What are you favorite army combo?
    Im a monkey 'till the end!

Elves and Dunedáin.
    Abandon all hope.

3 archers, 4 muskets, 4 Naginata, 3 Yari Cac and 2 Battlefield Ninja's. This is if I am defensive.

On offense - I like to go with:
    4 Yari Cav, 4 Cav Archers, 4 Monks and 4 Naginata Cav. - All fast, hard hitting units.
    Against most ppl - expecially the monk/musket combo lot... this is a easy army to win with - use the 4 cav archers to pelt the monks and thin them down a bit - which will have your opponent move his ranged weapons forward - keep backing away, until he either stretches his forces, or your out close to - but not out of - ammo. Then use the CA to circle him - his monks facing your monks and naginata cav - his muskets facing your yari and CA - charge your monks and NC at his monks - while you have superior numbers - he will respond in one of 2 ways - either turn his muskets to fire at the chargers - which you then charge his muskets from the rear with the CA and YC - and laugh when he routs before he can say "OH SH*T!", or he refuses to be baited - and keeps a watch on your quick cav - if he does this - your naginata cav and monks will beat his - as you have numbers and the good cav on your side - once you do this - the remaining units can then attack the muskets from the rear - will not be enough to rout them immediately - but will be enough to get them focused so you can rear-charge them then.

If your going up against an honorable opponent - you can still pull off a win - but its a hard one to do - but most of the time you play online - and you dont know the person - expect monks/muskets.

The defensive army is excellent against a monk/musket combo - get some height and watch em fall - place the muskets in 3 ranks - above that the archers in 2 ranks - backed by naginata - few YC ready to charge - and sneak your BN into his rear - when he is concentrating on his front - tear into his monks or muskets when he isnt looking - 2 BN can demolish a couple of monks - 3 or 4 muskets easy. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Against a honorable foe - the defensive army is still well balanced to provide good distance firepower, along with great defensive infantry (with the naginata) as needed - and the outriding YC is useful for taking advantage and pushing thru in counterattacks when the timing is right.
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

what game do you get elves on?
    Im a monkey 'till the end!

A balanced army is the best army you can get

I love attacking. And I take attacking, fast shock troops. And throughout over a year I got this now-standard army:

4/5 guns , 4/5 monks , 4 nods , 1/2 ca , 1yc , 1 ys

Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan Torîi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

ok i admitt it i am a rusher. . come on we spice up opnline play! come on don't we? well anyway. .

i been rushing 4 ages and ages and in 1v1's that what i normally do except if i know it won't work aginst that particular player. . so i will take mainly guns and monks!

but in team games i get a balanced army. . 2 cav arch guns. .monks dachi etc!

not gonna give away any more info!

------------------
    LOL The immortal Phrase!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944