Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut it

Cut the sarcasm, you guys are no good at it. And stop complaining, you haven't played a beta version of the game.

------------------

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

The reason that we complain is coz we love the game (well most of us I think ) and we dont want the game to be unbalanced. Seeing that the guys that make the game are meant to read the forums they will hopefully take what we say into consideration.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Glad to have you aboard, Legendary_Ninja! Welcome to the dojo.
    Nice first post.

(Now THAT'S sarcasm!)
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

I love positive people. Hiya!

BTW, can't wait till Soly finds this thread.

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 02-03-2001).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

have you played a beta version of the game your post kinda seemed to indicate that?

BTW i think the sarcasm was pretty good if you've read the posts floating around (well seeing you have only 1 post you might not be able to appreciate it)

but a nice 1st post it was

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Oh cut it indeed.

BTW, I'm not allowed to say whether I've played the beta version, in part or in whole, and any alluding as to who has violates any agreement you may or may not have signed. So cut the bullshit Ninja cause I know exactly what you're trying to make these poor users think about you, and you're not very good at it.

Also, just to keep this thread On-Topic, please don't post on this thread asking me if I've ever seen the Beta of STW. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 02-03-2001).]

I bow to your superior knowledge, oh great Master of Sarcasm. Obviously, my puny sense of humour is no match for your well-refined tastes.

*bow*
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

L_N,
    WE have not yet begun to complain,
    we shall complain on the beaches,
    we shall complain in the streets,
    we shall complain in the forests (even if they are dark and full of nasty Yari Sam's with big pointy sticks),
    and we shall never be silenced.

As for sarcasm, thank you very much for your kind words, but I happen to think we have some of the worlds best in our ranks!

A wise man once said, ............

you get the point? don't you?

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

No soly, I never even said I played the beta, and no I don't know what I am trying to do, do you? As for you playing the beta, I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK!!! It is not a final version, and I only care about the final version. Amd all I am saying is that you people should reserve judgement, which you soly, have no comprehension for.

Oh btw gaijin, I nearly cracked up reading you post.(not for gaijin) The ONE post I was refering to is the cow one, which is more ironic than sarcastic.

wots wrong with cows and please do not swear on the forums- it happens next to never (nowadays) and i think it is not welcome.
    Thx

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

LNinja: Thanks for that reply re "I only care about the final version." Thank god for that, I was honestly losing sleep over your feeling about my actions and ideas on the game.

As for the cow thread, think we might expand your vocabulary by a word and instead of misusing the words sarcasm and irony just call it satire? It's more accurate than the already overused words above (BTW, look up the word irony in the dictionary before attempting to use it again, you'll look really bad otherwise ) Think things through and do your best to write with precision, Ninja, rather than trying to make a name for yourself by rolling your eyes at others to the point where you can't communicate properly.

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 02-04-2001).]

*smiles* again soly, you presume what you don't know. I think that thread is ironic because catapalting horses and cows filled with bubonic plague was a favorite tecnique of 14th century armies, and here are a lot of people wanting the sequal to be based around that time.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

LN,
    satire is indeed what the cow thread is all about,
    May I suggest a quick trip to your local video store, and a hiring of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail?
    Then you will be enlightened as to what the cow thread is about and where we are coming from.
    Wanting the sequel based around cow throwing?
    (*i will restrain myself and not get sarcastic*)

oh (*insert suitable aussie vernacular here*) it - Grow Up!

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

Yeah, the cow-throwing is an inside joke. It would be pretty stupid if it wasn't.

Well, it's stupid anyway, but it makes more sense.

Well, it doesn't make any sense, but some people laughed.

There are apparently a lot of Python fans here.

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Look, Ninja-san, I'm finding this thread's existence harder and harder to justify.

Admittedly, that household animal siege engine thread has got a bit out of hand. But if you don't find it amusing, why read it? Furthermore, why accentuate the "problem" by whining about it in *another* thread which, as a bonus, has nothing at all to do with what we're supposed to be discussing here?

If you find their satire (or whatever it is) lacking in quality, at least try to be civil about it - and that goes for everyone here. We're here to have fun, after all.

------------------
    "Go to the battlefield firmly confident of victory, and you will come home with no wounds whatsoever. Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death."
    - Uesugi Kenshin
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

OH, SOD OFF, PISSAH!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Forgive me Anssi-San for allowing this thread to get out of hand, but this htread wasn't about another thread entirely, it is about the constant whining about the upcoming expansion pack, which the cow thread was the climax of, and wich is something I detest. Have a wonderful day.

Well Well Well. It appears the complaining has infected this forum as well.

I have decided to get more involved in this forum and the official forum again after my months of abstaining from it.

I don't agree with complaining as I have said since day one with this game. That was the justification behind my page and the forum contained within. However I do not believe telling other people to not do it helps. Believe me I've tried and it continues regardless.

LN, I'm with you, I hate complaining. But I don't bother elling anyone to stop, it doesn't work.

------------------
    Lanza
    Shogun Totalwar Hints and Strategies
    www.geocities.com/totalwarshogun
    Please feel free to stop by and contribute your strategies...
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
    Lanza
    Shogun Totalwar Hints and Strategies
    www.geocities.com/totalwarshogun
    Please feel free to stop by and contribute your strategies...
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

Close the thread anssi please this is going nowhere
    Thx

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew

Well the cow thread was a joke thread, well thats what I thought. What is wrong with some critism if the developers improve the game with it. There are only a couple who have gone overboard and siad they will not buy it for some reason.

Good to see you have come out from behind the wall Lanza.

------------------
    DP is correct - Shiro

Well, we've whined about everything else, we have to whine about whining too.

No, but seriously. Nobody has a problem with constructive criticism. Replying to posts that have it gives me something to do. As you've no doubt noticed, we soon run out of things to talk about if we just keep praising the good points of the expansion (especially as it's not really out yet). As many have pointed out, criticism also gives the All-Seeing Eyes at EA/DT/CA an idea of the fans' opinions.

Granted, Ninja-san, some people have crossed the fine line of criticism into unconstructive whining, but I think the majority of the points raised at this forum are valid ones, even if I don't agree with them. And, indeed, I took the bovine artillery thread as a pure joke, and assumed everyone who posted there did as well. If someone has something to say, may he come out and say it out loud: otherwise, we should look for substance only where it exists.

------------------
    "Learning is to a man as the leaves and branches are to a tree, and it can be said that he should not be without it."
    - Takeda Shingen
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".

*grumbles obsennities* That's my piont Phoenix! Most of you don't even know what you are talking about, and the ones who do i.e.,beta testers, are diligently doing thier jobs, BETA TESTING! Reporting bugs and the like, so whatever problems there were with balance(which is the main gripe), IT IS GONE, NO MORE, AIDIOS, ASTA LAVISTA, WIEDERSEHEN!

This doesn't make any sense, Ninja. It's not that we didn't trust the beta testers, but they're not a universal problem-solver - heck, every game released nowadays is beta tested, and still about half of them are extremely buggy, not to even mention less well definable problems. Whether this is due to the beta testers' oversights or the companies' refusal to heed to their reports, I don't know, and won't go into here, but it does happen.

Put your money where your mouth is, Ninja: tell us why shouldn't we offer critique based on the pre-released information before the game itself is released. As just about everyone has admitted, it's possible to overdo it, drawing unreasonable conclusions - but why would the developers monitor these forums if they don't want *reasonable* feedback? As it seems, many of the expansion's improvements (especially on the UI side) are a result of consumer feedback, not beta testing.

------------------
    "Learning is to a man as the leaves and branches are to a tree, and it can be said that he should not be without it."
    - Takeda Shingen

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 02-09-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member The Daimyo's Avatar

Well $hit, I thought that what we bought at the store last June was the BETA?!?
    D'oh!
    My bad...

We, (the beta testers), haven't seen a (W.E./S:TW-MI/Expansion) beta yet, but I'm guessing we'll see something in the next 2 weeks or so.

------------------
    The Daimyo
    Miaowara "Kakizaki" Tomokato
    @ http://www.planettotalwar.com

who are the beta testers and how did they wangle that?

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

I didn't say anything about critique anssi, I posted this because of the WHINING!!! Kensai this, BF that, unbalanced units, we have a right to guess as to what goes on, but it has gone WAY too far!!! I won't go far as to say that you aren't a beta tester anssi, but 99% of us aren't, so the way that I figure it is, the reasonable ones are usually the beta testers, they offer the helpfull explanations.

Recently. they put Tribes 2 in a hiatus so they can fix the major bugs along with the minor ones!!! And do you know why that is anssi? Because they care about what people say and expect reletively good sales! So if the developers were smart they would post a topic here to address all concerns and take suggestions for gameplay, instead of this honor day crap.

I think that you would find they would be helpful for the most part, or continue with this crap of vague anwsers to the questions that concern us all. So, no anssi, I don't expect this game to be perfect out of the box, but if EA cares about us, they will damn well try, but sadly, I don't think they do, so we will see endless delayed patches like 1.13.

EA dont give a fat rats clacker about us they are in it for the money and not for us. They give us no support. It is CA/DT that do.
    Dont get them mixed up.

It is important that there is soem critism which you seem to be missing the point of.

------------------
    DP is correct - Shiro

Originally posted by Legendary_Ninja:
    Quote I didn't say anything about critique anssi, I posted this because of the WHINING!!! Kensai this, BF that, unbalanced units, we have a right to guess as to what goes on, but it has gone WAY too far!!![/QUOTE]Tell me, Ninja, what is your definition of whining? Who here is whining?

The line between whining and reasonable critique is extremely hard to draw. Everyone, of course, can use his or her personal discretion as to where to draw it, but it's rather impolite to try and impose your opinion on the matter on others. IMO it's better to let people discuss the expansion as they see fit: if someone gets unreasonable, we can always point that out to him. Far better than to discourage *all* discussion simply because it has a potential to turn unreasonable.

The way I see it, there is only one discussion going on currently which includes rampant whining - and it's this one. Like many others, I'm getting fed up with this thread, it's not going anywhere. Please post something a bit more substantial next time, or I'll conclude we're not getting anywhere and, following Hirosito-san's suggestion, close this thread.

Quote I won't go far as to say that you aren't a beta tester anssi, but 99% of us aren't, so the way that I figure it is, the reasonable ones are usually the beta testers, they offer the helpfull explanations.[/QUOTE]...so nobody except the beta testers should comment anything? You're still not making much sense to me.

Quote Recently. they put Tribes 2 in a hiatus so they can fix the major bugs along with the minor ones!!! And do you know why that is anssi? Because they care about what people say and expect reletively good sales![/QUOTE]First you mention this and then you *whine* about the 1.13 patch being delayed, when in fact the reason it's delayed is that the developers want to fix as many of the issues *we've brought up* as possible. Your point here is...?

Quote So if the developers were smart they would post a topic here to address all concerns and take suggestions for gameplay, instead of this honor day crap.[/QUOTE]The way I see it, it's their game and they have the right to release exactly as much information about it as they want to. Based on the information they do release, we have the right to express our opinion (freedom of speech and all), and if the devs even listen to it, then that's great! I fail to see your point here, either.

BTW, Dark Phoenix -san: I have no high opinion of EA's tech support either, but that doesn't justify being *that* scathing. Civil behavior, and we all have a better time. OK?

------------------
    - Takeda Shingen

Anssi I was just pissed off when I posted that. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my post.

I will edit it if need be.

------------------
    DP is correct - Shiro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast