Thread: A Message From The Ravens

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

Hellllllloooooooooooo all

It is my pleasure to grace the barraks once more, but this time it is with our official new post at the .org (or whatever you wish to call it)

Recently The Ravens have now done a spring clean of all the old and are in with the new. We would like to welcome Brittishbeef to our ranks (kyodai moved from being a STW clan to a CS clan), Sir Black Raven (the player formally known as kankou|razor), and our new and upcoming star Ryttare (out of nowhere he came, but shows great promise)

This now brings the active members tally to 5, including Inferno and Myself.

Raven will soon be doing a website overhaul, making the public area more friendly and informative, so keep an eye out. This will also include a fictional history of the ravens and more.

Well thankyou all and goodnight, and i hope to see you on the field of battle soon

Grand Prince Alrowan of Clan Raven
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Well Clan Raven is now gracing you all with a brand spanking new Website. It is still under construction, but things are being added to it daily

New Clan Raven Page

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Nicely done - let us know when you upload the strategy and story pages

btw what times are you usually online ?

well ive written the first three chapters of our history, the rest will be done very soon. As for updating the site, happens every sunday unless something big goes up

Cool

i'm always online from 21:30H GMT Rath, I hope to see you online one day m8.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

IT'S TIME THEY LESSON US: WE WANT A MP CAMPAIGN FOR ROME TOTAL WAR

Great site Alrowan , history section is great very poetic .

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

damn olds are pissed at me at the moment, so im on slightly less for now, but ill still be playing as much as i can.

as for the history, thats the first instalment, wrote it myself... now i just need to write the rest of the clan info needed

great site alrowan.
    great history and poetry section. nice old style font to.

accept for one thing. your website hosts are attempting to load the gator corporation time manager on visitors computers. (i think it is loading through one of the pop ups)as you are probably aware that little program contains spyware (or did last time i checked which was about a year ago)

the biggest problem with it is that if you do not disable install on demand on your browser (it is enabled by default) then the program will download automaticly and you want even know it.

so i would have a chat to your webhosts or consider moving hosts.

sorry to scare people away from your site but i thought you and others should be aware.

by the way if site visitors disable install on demand and have browsers set to alteast medium security then they will not have any concerns when looking at the Clan Raven site. if the gator popup appears just click no i do not want to install it and everything will be fine.
    (install on demand in IMHO is completly useless and unsafe so no harm disabling it.)

Lord Romulous

Secret Vice
    Sick, Bitter and Twisted.

+3 pervisity +4 cursing +7 to chance of wearing purple pants.

ahh.. thanks, ill tell beef that

Hatamoto, Clan Shinkage Senior Member ShinKamiizumi's Avatar

Congrats Raven on your HOF 2002 Award
    A foolish passing thought makes one an ordinary man, while an enlightened second thought makes one a Buddha.

ok, well you will all soon be lucky enough to recieve the Clan Raven Map Pack. This pack is a heap of new maps made by britishbeef and myself. Expect it late Febuary

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Hey nice site there. Like the background sounds...funny

Keep up the good work.

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Alrow you have done a great job with your clan Keep up the good work.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

well clan raven is currently undertaking a joint campagin. I will post the first three reigns soon. So stay tuned

well folks, the ravens have been growing. This month Ryttare has been walking over people in the tourney, so congratualtions rytt, Black also made the seccond round, so congratualtions to him as well. We would like to make mention some new members to our clan, namely {RVN}Vandal, who goes by another name on this site.. ill let you figure out who also we have several members undergoing assesment, some of which are howing promise (recon and Gideon)

the joint campagin has stalled a little, but i will add the first two stories after this post. We have been playing spain, and its going well.

One last bit of news is that we now have a clear cut outline of ranks, structure and trials within our clan. They are quite interesting, and if you want to read check it out here: Clan Raven Ranks and Structure

well thats it for now, i hope we can meet you all on the battlefield.
    Signing off for now
    Alrowan - Grand Prince of Clan Raven

here is the first two installments of our campagin as spain

Ryttare

My reign is over, the king died in the year of 1110 lying in his bed as an old man, proud of his work with the belief his heirs might do even better.

In the early years of my reign I was trying to unite spain to a country by killing the rebel armies and bringing order to the lands.
    Navarre and Valencia was taken by ease, but when i had built up an invasion force and were preparing to marsh to Portugal, the Almohads beet me to it.
    The warrior king then elft his home in the capitol to siege Portugal meanwhile the valencian army marshed south and sieging Cordoba. This action left the Almohads in portugal with no way of retreat, the were defeated and some of the Almohad heirs were killed.
    Having 2 great armies vs the Almohads 1 (the king army) meant an easy victory, the king tried to flee the field but where caugt up and slain with the rest of his me, since I don't accept ransoms. His heirs where dead and the kingdom fell.

At the same time, my combined army with mercenaries and spearmen led by a Prince stroke against the heart of Aragorn leaving their army running with their tails between their legs, half of it fled and survived only to be meet with my allies at their capitol.

So the Almohads and the Aragonese were beaten and a great era awaits the people of spain.

Sir Black

This is the year of the Lord 1111. After his father died Alfonso VII Duke of Castille is proclaimed King at the age of 37. Among his qualities our King is well known by his natural leadership tough he ruled his legacy with a iron hand. Spain holds all the Iberic Peninsula and as crossed the Pirinéus and settle there a border fort. Alliances with other Cristians Kingdoms have hold for now any desire of conquest further to Europe.So my King looked at the Muslim world with a verocius appetit. The gate for the rich world was taken prior by his father and now Alfonso VII as ordered to conquer Tunisia in order to grab its gold mines and setting a position that would allow further conquests. Suddenly in 1112 a rebbelion raised in Morocco.The lost of this stronghold would imperish our conquest plans, so Alfonso VII wisely sent a message to the Order of the Templari and ask for help. The Order took his invitation after being well payed and went to defend Morocco. My KIng also demanded that is two sons defended the Stronghold. So the forces meet in the Sands of Morocco. The Rebels were 2 for one but our troops forged with the best iron from Toledo stood quietly. The trompets sounded and the troops mingled in the skirmish while arrows flew the air crushing the enemy foot soldiers. The rebels were doomed. The King had ordered no quartel that means no prisioners...so the final result was 1097 rebels killed and only a few of us died. A great victory.Nevertheless King Alfonso realised that this rebellion could be the starting of other riots in the new Spanish Kingdom and altough he conquered Tunisia in 1114 in 1119 he had to retreat after the rebels have pushed back our forces. Now the time is for peace and building. Alfonso ordered several improvements in all cities, established commerce routes between his country and develop the naval trade. In a few years Spain incomes doubled and in the year of the Lord 1147 Spain was the richest Kingdom.Meanwhile a few alliances were made and also some mariages betwen factions. In the year of the Lord 1136 with prosperity raising my King ordered a Crusade to free Antioch from the Infidels. Altough we had an alliance with Egypt signed in 1121 the Crusade was launched and set is way trought the Sahara desert.All the Cristain Kingdooms backed his decision and cancelled their alliances with Egypt. When the Crusade reached the Morocco an heir of the Almohads faction had raised a rebellion and took Tunisia. The crusade established his camp near by Tunisia and waited. Suddenly the Almohads attacked our camp but were beaten. Enraged my King ordered to conquer Tunisia and kill the Almohad Sultan. The Crusades advanced to Tunisia and defeated the Almohad army. The sieged was then layed. King Alfonso was leading this crusade. He was 74 years old... this is the year of the Lord 1148... King Alfonso VII lies dead... but Tunisia is on our hands again.

Nice Story Alrowan I may be inspired to play my 3rd campaign now. I think I will auto-resolve the battles though since they are usually pretty boring to me now. But you do make it sound so interesting and exciting . Cya around foyer m8.

RTKPaul
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

Yep, the battles are the catch for me as well when it comes to the SP campaign, but Alrowan, Ryttare & Sir Black Raven do make it sound tempting to get back into the swing of things. Only catch is...

I really suck at SP My empire has a tendency to crumble around me after about 20-40 years, and the only reward I've gotten is that picture of my capital burning down around my ears after someone's taken my last province...
    {RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

Smile

Erik m8 when playing a SP one of the things that u must care is money, the mother of all things. When i started playing MTW SP that also happen to me until i figure how the trade and income worked. Dont waste money building and upgrading on provinces that u dont get a payback. Choose the right ones and control ur money.Then in the beggining raids r good to raise cash and also keeping hostages specially high rank generals gives u pretty good ransoms.

money is they key, and yes i will be posting my leg of the story soon enough

U better Al, or else... =)
    A Raven in heart, forever

heh.. i know rytt.. been a while, and now beef is back i can pass it on

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Good luck guys with the site and the clan..

I know how hard is is to keep both current and interesting
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Wink

I have read with interest your article on rank and trals and I must say well done, Its a pity I am a member of another clan or I would request to join you....

a very good, well thought out idea. I wish you every success.

Long live the Raven
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

thanks shadeswolf

is always good to get feedback from other players about how a clan appeals. Im begging to envision the ravens as more of a Total War community now... encompasing the new and old. A place at least where members can learn and have fun, and most of all play fair. I guess its a bit og my Ugliness coming through:)

anyways, hope to see some more people willing to have a shot at the ravens, i must admit its great seeing my clanmates online and willing to fight jsut for the fun of it. We have some nice stories now of some intersting battles. And i am soon going to put together an archive of Clan Raven Battles

Smile

Well the Raven Forum as been updated. The Ravens were working in a new topic called Raven Wisdom, a collectable of several famous quotes from well known characters such as Sun Tzu, Confucious, Patton, Napoleon etc. Hope u all enjoy it m8s

*bump*
    yes

sorry i was bored
    yes

Cool

no problems macajor i suggest reading a few quotes, maybe they can boost your spirit up.

Well its my pleasure again to update you all on the current goings on within Clan Raven. Of late we have been in active recruitment, accepting new and old players alike. As for new players who are keen on join Clan Raven we are in the middle of setting up our training program by which to teach new players to the ropes of MP, this will include a section with replays so as to help demonstrate the advantages and disadvantages of certain styles and formation. This will hopefully cover a lot of ground, and i am planning on making an area where even advanced players can learn some neat little tricks (mind you only Ravens will have acces to the best of these)

In other news we have entered into the CWC and are looking to move into the CWB as well. We played 2 of our CWC matches vs the Celtiberios the other day, and they were.. uh intersting to say the least. The first was a 4v4, but the seccond only a 3v4 due to various probelms with Alioven dropping and then one of the Ravens having to leave. Ravens lost both matches, and although out numbered in our seccond fight the Ravens showed true courage in a fearless charge, but alas due to the numerical superiority of the 4 Celti armies the Ravens were soon swept off the field.

Also, Alrowan has made it to the final round of the Arts of War Tourney, and is hoping to show Clan ravens true skill with the individuals. Black and Rytare also entered, Both losing to LRossaLordJimi, whom Alrowan defeated in the semi final. Ryttare reached rd3, Black rd1. Congratulations guys.

Finally I am proud to anounce that Mokum Knights and Clan Raven are in talks concerning an alliance.

Well thats it for now guys, cya on the battlefield.

Alrowan
    Grand Prince of Clan Raven