Thread: Rebellions are stronger than foreign enemies!

Angry

almost always...
    It's not good and doesn't reflect the reality I don't want weak rebellions, I want strong enemies

Don't we all...
    This space intentionally left blank

Once I had taken a province with a small force during the first couple of turns of a new SP campaign. I didnt notice the province was about to rebel afterwords and a loyalist rebellion broke out with trebuchets, knights, archers etc. Stronger than anything around for that time period.

i would tell you a story but it would make you cry...so ill tell you.

i started as the britons/england. i built up my armies for a few turns. i got some long bowmen etc. ( about 30 turns) and i finally decided to make my first enemy. france. i took 3 french provinces and had larage armies in each province (atleast 600 men ) i raised taxes all the way up because i had my armies in the province. 3 turns later a rebellion broke out on two of my provinces. but not normal rebelions. one fo the provinces had two full armies needless to say. they won. =(

Yeah, its kind of ridiculous how loyalist rebellions and reemergences are usually much more powerful than the original factions. In one Turk campaign, I had conquered pretty much all of the Byzantine Empire early on, ransoming the king to Cyprus where I decided to let them stay so as to avoid reemergences. They didn't build any units there; Cyprus was garrisonned purely by Kataphraktoi of the royal family that just kept spawning and sitting around there. Much later in the game, I decided to give my Janissary Heavy Infantry some practice and send them to slaughter the Byzantine royal family. The JHI, supported by mercenary longbows, utterly crushed the Kataphraktoi, but the next turn I noticed that a Byzantine dromon that I had attacked when I had invaded Cyprus had fled and was now cutting Cyprus off from the rest of my kingdom.

Cut off from the king, Cyprus' loyalty was exactly 0% even with massive garrison and very low tax. There was a loyalist rebellion there the next year, packed with absolute top of the line stuff that the Byzantines had never built when they were a vast empire and worl power: loads of Varangian Guards, Pronoiai Allagion, all that good stuff. But that was not the worst--

When the Golden Horde had appeared in the 1230's, I had retreated from Khazar but held Kiev, Georgia and the Crimea. The Horde attacked Kiev, bridge battle, Khan dies from catapult shot, Horde becomes rebels. However, the Byzantines had held Khazar for a SINGLE TURN over 100 years ago before they were kicked out by a REBELLION of the disloyal residents of Khazar. Nevertheless, when the loyalist rebellion occurs in Cyprus, one occurs in Khazar also, and the entire 15,000 man army of the Horde goes to the Byzantines

I had created a monster...

Evil Sheriff Member Despot of the English's Avatar

That's a great story Mith.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

if you've got probs with rebellions and returning factions, then wait until you meet a reemergant pope

Evil Sheriff Member Despot of the English's Avatar

The rebellions in the Medmod are nothing short of absolutely terrifying. It is very amusing when the picture pops up saying that the Christians of the province are angered at their ruler's excommunication and then two stacks of Hospitaller Knights and Order soldiers appear. Hmmmm yes they're angry

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (solypsist @ July 18 2004,09:40)]if you've got probs with rebellions and returning factions, then wait until you meet a reemergant pope
    Oh god don't remind me about him...

Back in my earliest Almohad campaign I made the mistake of trying to keep him down... A Big mistake as he kept comming back again and again with bigger and better troops.

Before long I had to remove troops from the frontline to weaken his armies enough to contain him in italy.

Those pope's are a real pain
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

it's best to leave the province empty in any cases as that keeps the rebellion size down also.

If you want stronger enemies, deliberately inciting loyalist rebellions is one Hell of a good way to get 'em...

Alternatively, go with solypsist's words of wisdom and invade the Papal States.

A.

I do so ever time as the muslims and abandon it.

I launch a pack of jihads at it every time the papist sucker calls for crusades against me or any crusades came my way.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Despot of the English @ July 18 2004,06:00)]The rebellions in the Medmod are nothing short of absolutely terrifying. It is very amusing when the picture pops up saying that the Christians of the province are angered at their ruler's excommunication and then two stacks of Hospitaller Knights and Order soldiers appear. Hmmmm yes they're angry
    don't remind me, it gives me friggin nightmares... 6 stacks of bloody hospitallers, order knights and foot knights, kicked my 9 star kings elite stack they also got a bleedin 8 star gen. with it... needless to say, i quit

ouch, that stinks. I've faced my share of crazy rebellions but 6 stacks of crusader level troops with 8* general? owwwwwwww