Thread: Bored to death (and beyond that)

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Question

Hello guys/gals,

Am I the only one who thinks the online community became very boring over time?

Nothing exiting going on lately. It seems all clans are disgustingly nice, friendly and helpful to eachother...losing their identity on the way. No juicy wars or riots whatsoever anymore.

Did Tgate kill it? and if so....why?

After Tgate politics were banned from this forums, I really think that was a huge mistake, because without the politics the clans degenerated to friendly-skilled, friendly-less skilled and friendly-not at all skilled gaming clubs. The abolishing of the ranking system and clan registration wasn't very helpful either...I know, but I do think we had much more fun "disliking" eachother , before Tgate the clans were seriously fighting eachother with whatever "means" .

When I was the Aggony boss (seems ages ago now ) I enjoyed our strugle for survival...every second of it...kicking out spies and traitors...and pay the enemy back with the same below the belt actions. "information gathering" and even backstabbing can be very rewarding helping out allies also btw.

Tgate wasn't special or unique...happened all the time and many clans had their share in the covert ops trade. Only because T used Org files it was blown out of proportions.

Still no reason to ban all politics from these forums I think. The Org is the hub of the online community and all clans must feel free to post a nice pun or outright insult to eachother sometimes. (within boundaries of course)

The CWB was a good initiative, but I think only 4 or 5 clans are skilled enough to stand a chance winning it, so it's of no use to all the others and perhaps it even has another downside...those 4 or 5 can easily recruit the best players, because the other clans have little to offer these days...making it even more boring.

All in all...there is little honour to gain on the battlefield these days and it's safe to walk on the streets at night. boring, boring, boring.

Your opinion please....

Kas

On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

One Time TW Player .. Member baz's Avatar

check out the units are too tired thread

and do all teams have a realistic chance to win the European Cup? No .. but they still play

Roaming around the World looking for a quiet place to eat your family.

Kas if it is any help to you...I still dislike you.

Fighting for survival in Aggony...MUHAHAHAH...what else do you expect running a second rate no talent clan?

Tgate became more than a game to Monsta...infact it seemed that the bitter element of the TW world ran deep..therefore such matters need to be left behind...although never forgotten.

The very nature of the game now (less skill more rush/luck) makes it that most can come on line and beat some very talented players without knowing how...therefore the 'scramble' for positions is less.

You may find that those who are at the moment doing well would not have lasted a minute in STW or for that matter in gun crazy MI/WE.

They will of course comment that the game is good as it is....but the Vets know..MTW/VI is a 'tarted' up version of a good game ---- we gain nice features and grafs but lose what made the game the best ever...game play.

Certain rule changes here at the Org helped create this mono tone dire attitude of the clans by restricting our chat often to sterile flower sniffy hippy happy shiny people talk. (of course Monsta is adept in this also..ahem)

no doubt this post will get moved or Monsta will get more love letters from Org admin with threats (not the boss but one of his underlings thought he needed to put Monsta in his place..silly noob) again.

To be honest Kas you have no right to call for anything...your play has always been weak like your insignificant clan.

Politics...POLITICS...your clan was the Malta of the political TW world..a drop in an ocean of sharks..you say spys and imposters...but do you know who sent them or why they were there?...do you even know what a CIRCLE is?...you are no more than a maggot on a hook to catch bigger fish.

Now be gone little man and plough Monsta's rice fields and water his horses.

(do you feel any better yet...doing Monsta's best to give you something to rage against although the fact that you are you should be enough)

By the way...remove that HOF award...you were given that because Monsta felt sorry for you.

I thought the loss of the private chat rooms was bad, remember when some unknown name came in and we'd all think they were a spy hehe And most of the time they probably were. I remember as a newbie enjoying when i was allowed to participate in these priv chat rooms. And when i was an established community member i enjoyed them just as much. Kas is right when i came back to play mtw i found the whole thing to be abit dry, I think the game can still be improved online by the players themselves by limiting certain units and setting rules of combat.......so i live in hope. Demon was also a loss for the community i think. Even if he was an A*&**&6^

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Ah, this reminds me of the times of Quake... when Quake 2 arrived, hardcore vets (including me) refused to play it. We were the Elite and claimed that Quake 2 required no skill, it was spammy, slow and boring. New clans that sprung up around the game were all skill-less newbies who could never match the greatness of the Vets.

STW players benefit more from high skill than MTW players; MTW is more random so that means the unskilled can sometimes get in lucky shots. But still, STW is just a game, and a rather simple one at that. Some thousand games under one's belt will show if one has talent in a game, whether it's STW or MTW.

Ah Hello Monsta I expected you to reply like this.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Kas if it is any help to you...I still dislike you
    I'm honoured...thanks

Quote[/b] ]Fighting for survival in Aggony...MUHAHAHAH...what else do you expect running a second rate no talent clan?
    Your disdain for the "small" clans is pathetic. Btw...Rage wasn't flourishing the last couple of years if I'm not wrong.

Quote[/b] ]Tgate became more than a game to Monsta...infact it seemed that the bitter element of the TW world ran deep..therefore such matters need to be left behind...although never forgotten.
    We all noticed your venom during Tgate.

Quote[/b] ]The very nature of the game now (less skill more rush/luck) makes it that most can come on line and beat some very talented players without knowing how...therefore the 'scramble' for positions is less.

You may find that those who are at the moment doing well would not have lasted a minute in STW or for that matter in gun crazy MI/WE.

They will of course comment that the game is good as it is....but the Vets know..MTW/VI is a 'tarted' up version of a good game ---- we gain nice features and grafs but lose what made the game the best ever...game play.

Certain rule changes here at the Org helped create this mono tone dire attitude of the clans by restricting our chat often to sterile flower sniffy hippy happy shiny people talk. (of course Monsta is adept in this also..ahem)
    This is good reading I agree 100%.

Quote[/b] ]no doubt this post will get moved or Monsta will get more love letters from Org admin with threats (not the boss but one of his underlings thought he needed to put Monsta in his place..silly noob) again.
    You dislike Tosa...we already know that.

Quote[/b] ]To be honest Kas you have no right to call for anything...your play has always been weak like your insignificant clan.
    I didn't fight you in ages, in fact I hardly see you online, but you are right I'm not a highly skilled player. Something wrong with that? And you? you are great? doh

Quote[/b] ]Politics...POLITICS...your clan was the Malta of the political TW world..a drop in an ocean of sharks..you say spys and imposters...but do you know who sent them or why they were there?...do you even know what a CIRCLE is?...you are no more than a maggot on a hook to catch bigger fish.
    Pathetic.

Quote[/b] ]Now be gone little man and plough Monsta's rice fields and water his horses.
    You mean Magy's horses I presume?

Kas

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

It's like a prison yard in here. How many of you bought this game with cigarettes?
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

if you feel like engaging in politics, then I believe there is an entire world outside that could use it.

Silly thread.

Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

I agree this is a silly thread...but to be honest there is lots of truth in here also.

The clan 'scene' has become slightly boring and this is because during TGate the issue went beyond a gaming and left a bitter taste in many mouths.

Monsta has never hated Tera, in fact we enjoyed many of our little debates...not forgetting it was Monsta and Tera who brought you HABA.

Anyway how can a ronin talk about Clans?..what clan are you in now KAS?

Kas, Monster never disliked you...to be honest you were too small to be of concern.

As for my game play...well when Monsta played he managed to rank in the top 5 when it mattered....and also create one the top 3 clans in game play...so his retirement to the pastures of the Universal Khan has been earnt....how do you explain yours?

Kas, Monsta unstands your point and has added some spice because he is a giving and loving Monsta..and of course 'no offence intended'.

If your gaming experience has becme hard in recent times please come along to the Ordu and apply for a position....you would be welcomed as a new CUB as our Empire expands.

ouwe zak, ga golven*

monsta not only foresees futures but also enlived history. rage and wolves were always close and alike. rages topnotch players left for better playingpasture.

btw kas, i am bewildered u say ur bored while your daimyo is banned for 2 weeks. besides teh killing of my Cham or Yam noone of the old garde managed that (dunno if demon was ever banned from here). nc is the talk of the town yet. and didnt elmo left? what more must we present u on teh shiny plate to unbore u?

*we plagen je een beetje hoor.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Disclaimer: Rob The Bastard's opinion doesn't nessecarily reflect the desires of the Org. Admin staff.

The chat room facility could be used for that personal touch... It would be up to you antagonists to set a time and gather like vultures in that arena... orally disembowelling each other... sounds like fun, yeah??

The rules for the chat room are more relaxed

It is not actively policed

Your words will linger only in the minds of your enemies

If you do choose to use it for "friendly banter"... remember this... there are still limits and yes, the mods can ban you from the chat room too.

Of course, you would have to be nice to each other outside of the chat room... can't go getting blood on the .Com's or .Org's floors now can we??, blood is a real b**ch to clean up

Bring Back Buck

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Major Robert Dump @ May 27 2003,06:30)]It's like a prison yard in here. How many of you bought this game with cigarettes?
    I bought the game with 4 gallons of cider

I'm not offended, in fact I noticed Monsta and I basicly agree on the subject. Just makes me wonder what's the need of all those insults...well no harm done I guess.

NC banned....silly...the rules inhere are far too tight IMHO, that's what my original posting is about. People who send armies out to kill eachother for the honour and glory of their clan must also be able to withstand some verbal bashing I think.

Elmo leaving...another blow to this community, very sad. I do understand and respect his reasons though.

I strongly disagree with the modding policy inhere. I do think there is need for the clans and players to argue with eachother inhere...after all this is the jousting field. I don't really see any problem with it either...take a look in the Tavern, overthere people fight over whatever (real) problems. Dont get me wrong, I'm a guest inhere and will live by the rules, but I'm alowed to disagree with them.

Tip:
    Paint the floor blood red and sprinkle sawdust or sand on it before battle (Napoleontic warship practice)

Kas

monsta what a fucking big wanker u r who the fuck do u think u r to talk to kas like that u tit u r lucky i dont
    no were the fuck u r cos i would rip u a new arsehole
    u fucking nob

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

i remember when the OT Forum was the place all the malcontents flocked to. how times have changed.

Err...this is not what I mean

Monsta almost fell of his horse laughing when he read the rantings of the puppy in support of Kas.

Kas explain to you loyal supporter that he needs to realise a couple of things..

This is part of the game

It is known as banter

Decent (not perfect) grammar and spelling helps when making threats or insults

Keyboard warriors are 'ten a penny'...if Monsta gave you an adress, directs....sent you a car or horse to bring you to him....you would do NOTHING...your Dad may well be bigger than mine..but Monsta would eat the both of you while typing another post in this forum... now run along and collect pokemon cards or whatever children do.

Oh.....muhhahahahha...how long has the word INSANE translated into STUPID?

this has rounded my evening off nicely...please some more STUPIDFOX.

*pull in line and lands another biting fishy*

you muppet

Well he did blow a rather huge hole in this thread didn't he?

Kas

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Quote[/b] ]I bought the game with 4 gallons of cider
    That's a fair trade I think.

I slept with the ugly chic at the software store to get mine.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

what kind of posting is this insane fox , do you think youll be a crafty fox and avoid a ban? maybe youd like to evolve into a wolf and learn some manners or maybe that will come in time once you become a man.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello Kas,

Quote[/b] ]Kas
    The Org is the hub of the online community and all clans must feel free to post a nice pun or outright insult to eachother sometimes. (within boundaries of course)
    The first point may be true.
    The second point could be true. But what's nice and what's not?
    Third point: bounderies are easily crossed when puns and insults rule the forum.

There are specialized forums, chatrooms, messengers and e-mail for the things proposed here.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Unhappy

I see this is not a discussion about MTW MP. Thread close. Fox, you will hear from me. I am disappointed.
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.