Thread: ES piss us all, in my opinion...

Blog Entries

hey its monday and they still dont got managed?!?!

we are idiots, which has payed....now we are idiots again...wich can wait...

since 1 1/2 years, they do this with us....again and again and again...

if this dont change soon, this game will be dead...

the angry, pissed of

kocmoc

No word whatsoever??? What is the deal?

The official site is still showing news old 2 weeks, no word of whats happenning.

Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan Torţi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

I guess Richie is AFK. News at the official site shows Oct 15 as the date, but the news is old. Four days is a long time to be down with no comment.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

i am sure they mixed up the servers when richie was referring on the .com forum that teh bl;oodie server is repaired and he would keep an eye on it.
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

maybe fixing the old one broke the new one.....

I mentioned in a earlier message that i understood that this kind of problems were probably inevitable & it would not affect the image of the STW game......

Well, i don't retract that, but at the very least EA should GIVE ITS CUSTOMER SOME EXPLAINATIONS about this bleeding server problem !!!!!!!!!

That's the minimum we are supposed to expect from EA .

Froggy.
    Space Cowboys clan

Yah well i was under impression that Mi and STW are the same servers..just different chat ports.

If this is the case several thing could have happened...

If EA servers went down..some idiot that was repairin em forgot to open the port for MI, reinstallin a firewall perhaps and not configured to correct port?...Mi database screwed? if so cant let us connect cos of CDKey checks.

EA owe us SOME explanantion even if it is a lie..lol

Poor customer service. There r those that argue that EA dont HAVE to supply an online server at all...however on SHogun Box it says PLayable online...miniumum 28.8kbps modem required...

Well seein as there is no TCP/IP function and they game is not Gamespy etc compatible..i would suggest that them NOT providng the server is false advertising..lol..they r not providin wot the game says it does on the box

-Fury

[This message has been edited by RageFury (edited 10-16-2001).]
    "The only certainties in life are that we are born and we die. The rest is just a sea of complexity"

Hear hear. I agree whole-heartedly with you and I reckon they should at the very least provide us with a decent server. Making the whole thing Game-Sy compatible would be even better though...
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this ra..." Famous last words indeed...

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

but the strange thing is we can play MI via STW port setting.. meaning ? BTW what is the function of the server? When I host a game, most of the work is done by my PC right? The rest of the PCs just do some synchronising work and such I guess..

--tootee aka goldfish shimazu
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Watch the language, RageFury.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

This is just silly to restrict the game to an EA provided server, and then not make the server available. I'm less concerned with the reason than the fact that the server is unavailable. Getting the server back online is not some kind of impossible task. Either make the server available or make the game not need the server.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Thankyou Shiro for causing me to re-read RF's post. I hadn't noticed the profanity, in the first place. Upon review, it was humorous enough to force a wrinkle. At least it's a commonly accepted derogatory term, for an incompetency riddled individual.

I dont think it was meant as a referrance to the incompetency of an entire organization, but just a carelessly dropped pronoun, referring to a single member of that organization.

Of course, sometimes a pronoun, especially a customized one, can refer to more than one person. So I have to admit, that I could be completely wrong.

On another matter, perhaps, was es "ES piss us all"? I thought you meant "They are pissing on us all", but I would hate to misinterprit that!

Because, it's entirely possible that you were saying that depth of unit formations was a good topic to discuss. If so, then I have to imput, that I always laugh at one-rank units changing direction ninety-degrees.

Sorry Shiro m8..i edited it out anywayz :O

Yah although the whole "hosting" thing is done by ur computer...u need some kind of medium to get people into ur games...as Shogun is nt GameSpy/Tcp/IP compattible this server is the ONLY way of doin it over the internet.

That was my point.

And u r entirely correct Takeshida..i was talkin about an individual indicatin stupid behaviour...i didnt even realize wot word id used

-Fury
    "The only certainties in life are that we are born and we die. The rest is just a sea of complexity"