Thread: BN & Bridge Crossing

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Just found out that BN is great in crossing a bridge in SP.

They won't be fired on when crossing the bridge. One can easily move them to the distant flank of the enemy, and start an assault on ND, Monks, or archers.

At least half of the enemy's attention will be drawn to the ninja. And here comes a good chance to rush the YS and then monks/horses over!

It is indeed useful, I prefer to get them right round behind their Taisho then start my main assualt, all their attention will be on that and you can take out their general. They will usually flee after that.

Thinking of BN. I had a hilarious battle (can't remember the province) where their army attacked mine but they didn't seem to want to fight. I moved a BN unit up next to some YA and started shooting them, they moved away and some ND came at me. I ran them away slightly and the units returned to their origional positions. In this way I wiped out 120 odd units without loses and without either army moving really.

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Must be Owari... I find the AI tends to just sit when it attacks this province. On occasion they decide to move, of course, but often they just sit.

Funny.
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Uh... you peeps haven't found the way to get BN to swim across waterways (ie, rivers and oceans) yet, haven't you... its way cool...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Quiet, you.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Originally posted by Vanya:
    Uh... you peeps haven't found the way to get BN to swim across waterways (ie, rivers and oceans) yet, haven't you... its way cool...

OHHHHH, it's with BN, maybe that's why it did not work with my nagitana's, they kept drowning when i tried to send them across the river swimming....

KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

LOL yep. . .

well i believe them!

------------------
    LOL The immortal Phrase!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

It wasn't a river map, It was a fairly small map, I think begining with an S that had a large wood defending left down to a small 'village', a wood attacking center (up the slope of a hill) and a cliff on the attckers right. Not that anyone really cares

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums