Thread: Does players honor have effect on MP games?

As some of you know, I battle against Fearful ways very often. I do this so that I learn more and more about different strategies that works against them as well as the strategies they are using against me.
    I dont win too many games against them which has lowered my honor. Well, I really havent been concerned about that as I thought it was just a ranking system on the players list.
    (I personally didnt care about my honor, I just wanted to have fun battling fear and hope that one day i can kick there butts hehe)
    But after playing Fear last night and playing against others, I noticed something.
    Playing against fearful ways, my army routed more easily then when I played other people.
    I am not talking about flanking and all the other tactics that make you route.
    I have come to the following conclusion and would like to know what others think and or validate my thoughts.....
    Players honor DOES effect the morale of your units when playing in MP. Can you all give your thoughts on this and if anyone REALLY knows the facts on this, please let us know.
    I might have to beat up on newbies just to get my honor back up again (jk)
    I would appreciate any info you guys can provide. Thank you.

------------------

"The rivers will flow with blood from thy enemy"

of course honour makes a difference.
    why do you think your koku goes down as you increase the honour.!!!

stupid boy!!!! (jk)

seriously if you read most of the threads about tactics and units they nearly all concern honour especially in multiplay.

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

sorry ai-jin i owe you an apology!!!
    stupid boy hach!!!!

i thought you meant unit honours and not player honours.

sorry

hach

stupid boy (slap)
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

The simple answer is : NO

The reason your troops rout against the Fears is that they are damn good players .

------------------
    Rob Hojo

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

The above opinion (Rob) is the opinion of a great player and not that of ElmarkOFear or any of his affiliates. I am but a humble ashigaru. LOL Thnx for the compliment Rob, but I happen to remember the last two times that the Fears have played you on Tosa, you chased my poor men off the map before they could even reach the top of you hill. And all they wanted was a glass of wine and a chicken leg!! HEHE I could not read the "No solicitors" sign that you posted on the hill, it was in japanese. Elmarko of Fearful Ways PS. There are certain ways of using formations aijin and also a proper order in which to send your troops into battle to increase the chances for a rout of the enemy . . or in my case just plain dumb luck!
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

I know that the fear are good, thats why I enjoy playing them. But when approching Fear's army and start battling them, my men route faster then when I battle another player with basicly the same unit honor that Fear used. Therefore I really wonder if player honor is calculated in the MP battles.
    I am not talking about tactics such as flanking and such, I am talking about approching the enemy and getting routed before the battle gets heavy.
    I know others have experienced this too in battles. So I really wonder...

------------------

Maybe I should just say that I byte at this game..

------------------

you don't byte at this game I myself have only beaten the fears 20-30 times J/K No they are hard to play against but no the honour of your opp. or your self does not affect the moral of your men. other wise I would not get beat by those guys that have 50 honour then come into my game and kick my A$$

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

There are a few things that are not obvious at first glance that you can use to help rout the enemy as they approach you. If you are approaching an enemies muskets with low honor troops (1 or less) or if you are using non-armor troops such as monks, nodachi, and the enemy has put his muskets into two rows and set them on "hold position", then more than likely a couple of your troops will rout before entering battle. Another non obvious way is: if the enemy's troops are close together protecting each other's flanks and he has a high honor unit behind them but not engaged in battle (the troops get a morale bonus from the flank plus the morale bonus from the unit behind) then his line will hold much longer than normal and his missile troops can kill you more easily. By keeping an eye on when your frontline troops become uncertain or wavering, you will know when to send your unit in back charging into the battle and give an extra shot of morale to these troops. A last strategy is to set your men, in a close defensive line, slightly angled to the rear, with a fast moving unit far wide of the back unit of this line. When the enemy attacks shift slightly to force the next unit of the enemy slightly to ths side of your first, and continue doing this till the enemy is fully engaging your troops. Bring up your fast moving unit (I like yari cav or hvy cav) and charge behind their line, you do not even have to engage the enemy most times, just the flanking bonus is enough to rout them. It is hard to explain with words . . if we play sometime soon ask me to show you. There are more small things which have a BIG impact on the game, but that will come with experience. Good luck in your battles and remember . . . . kill my teammates first!! Elmarko Of Fearful Ways

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Actually it would be better if you killed Elm first Ai-jin....he really does deserve it after all

------------------
    Niger Navis Navis Sesquiculus ShipOfFear
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Thanks for the advise guys.. I can use it.
    But Elmarko, dont give away all your secrets, but do continue to advise me and I would love to play with ya sometime and get some pointers. But if we play 3v3 or a 4v4 and I have the opportunity.... I'll be coming after you.

One more question, what causes all the troops to rout before they even engage? it has happened at times and the only thing I can think of is your H3 or H4 muskets firing at my privates. I need those or my Geisha's will leave me.

------------------

LOL aijin, try putting your muskets in rows of 2 and set them on "hold position" as enemy approaches. Also, set them near your flank at an angle. This way if he decides to chase your muskets then you can flank him with your foot troops. If he decides to forget about you muskets then they can flank him with musket fire. Also, setting up your muskets along the path of your enemy's rout path will cause them to run faster than anything. Also, be selective in who you shoot at . . I go for their high cost troops if i can like monks, no dachi, cav. If not available then go for their muskets, archers. Good luck, and cya on the battlefield, ElmarkOFear
    PS. And oh yeah Ship . . . . . :P HAHAHAHA

[This message has been edited by ElmarkOFear (edited 12-15-2000).]

I just realized Elm that you are from Kentucky...
    Redneck Rampage all over again!!!

Just kidding buddy. Thanks again. And dont worry, I'll take ships head if yours aint immediately available.
    (woohoo, I'm a samurai now, that took long enough)
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Ai-jin (edited 12-15-2000).]

Quote Originally posted by Ai-jin:
    I just realized Elm that you are from Kentucky...
    Redneck Rampage all over again!!!

[/QUOTE]

I just started wearin shoes last week Aijin! hehe And alcohol that has a label on the bottle ain't worth drink'n. You know you might be from Kentucky if you look forward to family reunions as a chance to meet girls!! LOL cya on the battlefield, Elmarko of Fearful Ways