Thread: Preventing revolts

The last time I played STW 10-12 of my territorys revolted at the same time wich was strange since they had been mine for a looong time.

How do you prevent revolts in STW?

Several shinobi or garrison troop units can prevent revolts. I prefer to have at least 3 shinobi everywhere when I embrace Holy Mother Church. I figure one level 0 shinobi is worth about 15 points of improved loyalty. So is one unit of troops. Shinobi are cheap and very useful. Don't leave home without 'em.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Absolutely. Shinobi are aboslutely vital, especially if you're not on friendly terms with Imagawa. Production of Shinobi is perhaps one of the most important things in the game. I highly recommend that you set up one castle specifically to produce all the strategy units: emissaries, ninja (if you wish), and shinobi. Shinobi are important enough to dedicate a province to them and to upgrade their structures!

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

That... or you can progress slowly by allowing your conquering armies to have some R&R in the province they just took for a few seasons to quell any would-be revolters. After a few seasons, move on with no problems. This means you must learn the art of managing multiple armies at the same time, and the whole concept of reserve and support armies takes on a whole new meaning.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Here's another thing that might work. I do this simply because I don't like cluttering up my map with tons of shinobi pieces (though sometimes that's fun, too). Build Border Forts in EVERY province. This will be very draining on your koku in early game, but it will act as a super shinobi network. You will be able to see everything across the border, the security at home will be super-tight, and loyalty will steadily rise faster as you hold that province. Save your shinobi for causing dissruption across the border.

------------------
    If I am not a foolio, then maybe YOU are a foolio! Once more into the breach dear friends.. Arr.
    All quotes are terrrible!

My favourite thing to do when I want to take an ally's province without actually breaking the alliance: send six shinobi in and wait. Just leave them there. Sooner or later, the occupying force will be driven out by the revolting masses. Then, you can attack at leisure and not lose a relatively safe border!

------------------

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Probably won't work if your ally has 1000+ troops in that province.

For one, the loyalty will be ridiculously high.

And secondly, no peasant revolts will have the slightest chance of prevail over such an emormous garrison.

------------------
    Now, after your shinobis pick up honor, will they be more effective in ensuring the loyalty of your provinces and inciting revolts elsewhere?

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 10-19-2001).]
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

One simple solution: just do like Stalin did put huge armies everywhere and crush any opposition you encounter

True, but that's pretty much a given.

------------------

Yes, let's make a role model of STALIN, possibly the most totally inept leader of the modern age..

------------------
    -Matt

Visit the Center for the Enrichment of Shogun Total War here.

Inept? Well, depends on what you're judging. If you're judging him with respect to the prosperity of the Russian people, then definitely, yes. He was very inept. In terms of holding power, though, the only man of this century who has him beat is that Franco guy in Spain, with Castro closing in fast.

------------------

one of the main causes of revolts is when your taisho is 'stranded' in a province where he cannot 'escape' freely. For instance, shimazu taisho getting stuck in shinano which is surrounded by enemy territories. You will find revolts in kyusu almost, instantaneous.

If you lose a lot of troops in a major battle, there are chances that revolts may happen too.