Thread: MP Games Generals Honour

Does ur generals honour effect the rest of ur troops?Or is it just when there close by...
    So if i have a H5gen and all the rest of the troops are at H2 how does this effect the H2 units?This is for MP

------------------
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Nope, your general's honour doesn't affect your troops. It's the general's LEADERSHIP which does that, and that can't be altered in the Mulitplayer - it's a single-player only thing. In multiplayer, the leadership of a general is set to 0, so he doesn't directly affect the army's combat ability.

------------------
    Quote MagyarKhans Cham:
    i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up.[/QUOTE]
    "i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
    MagyarKhans Cham

But it does when he dies or gets should i say gets killed though .
    If he routs and runs off the map does it have the same effect on moral?

Quote Originally posted by Target:
    Nope, your general's honour doesn't affect your troops. It's the general's LEADERSHIP which does that.

[/QUOTE]
    So when u mean Leadership,do u mean, that hes in the thick of battle and not sat away from danger?

Err....no.

In the single player version, a general's unit has 2 values. The honour value which all units have, and the leadership or generalship value which is supposed to indicate how well he leads his soldiers. I'll call it generalship from now on, just to confuse matters

Generalship is a single-player-only value and rises with battle victories and falls with defeats. For every 2 levels of generalship, the units under his command gain one level of honour in addition to their own. So a unit of honour 2 which is commanded by a level 6 general gets an extra 3 levels of honour, bringing it to a grand total of 5.

In multiplayer the general's generalship is fixed at level 0 and you don't get the option to adjust this because we couldn't think of a fair way of allowing it.

In a battle, the presence (or absence ) of the general does affect the units' morale. They get a morale boost if the general is close by, morale suffers if he's far away and it's virtually non existant if he routs off the field or is killed. So in that respect, you're right - the general does affect a unit's battle abilities in multiplayer, but not its honour rating.

Clear as mud, eh?

------------------
    Quote MagyarKhans Cham:
    i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up.[/QUOTE]
    "i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
    MagyarKhans Cham

Cheers Target nice to see u around...think i got that

Target,

Thanks for this info. It confirms what I've seen in my own testing. The taisho appears to give between 2 and 4 points of morale boost to units he provides flank or rear support to, but no boost if he is out in front. The range of influence and the magnitude of the boost is greater than a non-taisho unit provides. In addition, I can see that the taisho's unit gets a +2 morale boost over the value the unit would have if it was not the taisho..

Could you say how large the morale penalty is for the taisho running away or being killed? It does appear to be quite large. It's interesting that the message you get when the taisho is killed implies that the army morale has benefitted, but that is not the case. The army morale definitely goes down when he is killed.

Thx,
    MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Good point PUZZ?????

You did ask for it

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

I have many 1v1 5000 koku games whereby the battle closed immediately following the death of one of the taisho, even when troops were still busy engaging.

--tootee aka goldfish shimazu
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Taisho death generates an instant morale check for units "in the thick" ... And a pretty severe one too.