Thread: Phantoms ?

Hello!

I have a smiple question:

Here it goes; What are those Phantoms? They are listed in the games "TroopStats" as they where ordinary warriors. However I never had a chance/option to build the, tough I had evere single building in the game. Are they some kind of cheating? Are hiddin so that only the game developers may build them? Have you encountered them on the field of battle? Anyways I also scanned the tech tree, and found nothing I could relate to "Phantoms".

Thanks in Advance Sjak.

------------------
    "-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
    -Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
    -Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

The answer is................................................................................

Calls someone clever over

hmm......I had seen these beasts, I speculated (to myself entirely) that they were used by the game to simulate more 'random' morale bonses and penalties, after careful consideration I scrapped that assumption on the basis that programmers would not use so clumsy a tool (unless under the employ of Microsoft )

They hold the exact same statistics as Yari Ashigru, they hold no ranged weapon (so not an aborted attempt at AshiArchers ) and have no reference elsewhere in the game files...It is possible that they decided to build into the game the facility of releasing a new unit with a future patch without a rework of the existing system but that just strikes me as wishful thinking

by their name it suggests either my first theory (maybe it could be tested by changing their stats and testing if their is any change in the morale/abilities of other units...it is possible that it is the morale bonus that 'invincible' units get, being backed up by a unit of phantoms, or flanked by them, but that is again rabid speculation...or another - that they were going to introduce another new unit but it got scrapped at some point along the line

what we really need here is target coming along to hype things up

[This message has been edited by Whitey (edited 10-23-2001).]
    Have you seen the fnords?

Thanks guys!

Whitey: I think U got a point there concerning the new unit type... Otherwise it would be really bad programming.

Sjak.

------------------
    "-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
    -Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
    -Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

what about the "Chosokabe Clan"? i saw that name while i was playing arnd w my stw files, and does anyone know how i can make my game say japanese words with subtitle on them in english, cuz i saw some files containing a nihonggo version of the dialogue for the game, any help would be appreciated.
    In my sword; the wind, in my heart; courage, in my eyes; death...I am Minagawa

you just change the dialogue to 'Japanese'

At least that works for me
    Have you seen the fnords?

where do i switch the dialogue? also does it have subtitles when i do it? and lastly whats the story behind the "Chosokabe" clan in stw?
    In my sword; the wind, in my heart; courage, in my eyes; death...I am Minagawa

Chosokabe were an eighth clan who were going to be added to the game, taking up most of the provinces which currently belong to the Ronin (mostly the "Rebel Island" near Shimazu's start). For whatever reason, they were removed, but some of their files stayed in.

The other possibility is that the Chosokabe files are used when you use that cheat (I no longer remember it) to play as the Ronin. I didn't play around with that very long, so I don't know if this is the case. I'm not really sure if the cheat made it into WE.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Chosokabe was a powerful clan in sengoku period, but not strong (or lucky) enough to be a major player though.

In 1569, Chosokabe Motochika (the rank 5 general in STW from Tosa) defeated Aki clan at Tosa; and in the following two decades, he gradually conquested Tosa, Iyo and Awa, nearly took over all of Shikoku.

Unfortuanately, in 1585, Hideyoshi invaded Shikoku with an overwhelming force, and Chosoakbe Motochika had no choice but to surrender and his holdings was reduced to Tosa alone.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Quote Originally posted by BakaGaijin:
    Chosokabe were an eighth clan who were going to be added to the game, taking up most of the provinces which currently belong to the Ronin (mostly the "Rebel Island" near Shimazu's start). For whatever reason, they were removed, but some of their files stayed in.

The other possibility is that the Chosokabe files are used when you use that cheat (I no longer remember it) to play as the Ronin. I didn't play around with that very long, so I don't know if this is the case. I'm not really sure if the cheat made it into WE.

[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------------
    .conan. lets you play as Ronin. Also after I installed the beta patch to MI some of the cheats now work that didn't work before.Like the .muchkoku.
    TeuTonic
    PIV 2.4
    512 RD1066
    Gigabyte G-8IHXP Mombo
    G4 TI4600
    Audigy Gamer
    Western Digital 80gb HD/8meg cach
    Samsung 19 SyncMaster 950p
    Stransky-Grab your MP-40 and I'll take you where the Iron crosses grow row on row.
    Steiner...