Thread: Quiz for MP newbies

Talking

No veterans are allowed to participate . No wannabe noobs either (Gah An-Elmo).

Q 1. Why do Templar knights cost less than chivalric knights, even though they have the same attack/defence/armour/morale stats ?

Q 2. What's considered the best (overpowered) infantry unit in late era,thanks to upgrading it?

Q 3. Which faction loses camels in high era(but have them in early)?

Q 4. What is the base morale of an (normal) archer, a Ghazi infantry,a unit of Fanatics minus the morale of a unit of Valour 2 Jannisary Heavy Infantry ?

Q 5. What's the name of the map with 3 bridges on it ? (standard map)

GL . First price is a fully payed journey to The Elf Lands...
    Abandon all hope.

I have no idea, but I'll take a few guesses.

1. Because chivaric knights are disciplined?

2. Byzantine infantry?

3. Almohads?

4. Archer has 0 morale?

5. Errrrr... 3 bridges?

ok here i go, btw im all newb.

1) Disiplined and have lances.

2) hmm Byz Inf or Chiv men at arms

3) Almohads

4) dont get ya there m8

5) i know this....... Stirling, i think im wrong
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

Ok, here is my guess... Let me know if I win;

1/ I don't know cost of unit is a hidden stat.

2/ Varangian guard?

3/ I don't know I never play Turk.

4/ well, now that I think about it those Heretic Templars are completly deprived of moral. Other are pretty straightforward guys. you can trust them.

5/ plainriverwith3bridges01 what else? Easy with all those MTW map names...

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Q 1. Why do Templar knights cost less than chivalric knights, even though they have the same attack/defence/armour/morale stats ?

I have no idea about the rest of the questions, but I'll take a guess at this one...

Would it be because of a vow of poverty?

Not a single correct answer yet .

(btw. I believe Varangian guards cant even be picked in late era).

What is the base morale of an (normal) archer, a Ghazi infantry,a unit of Fanatics minus the morale of a unit of Valour 2 Jannisary Heavy Infantry ?
    I'm looking for a value here, so the base morale (not upgraded) of a Feudal knight plus that of a hobilar minus the base morale of a chiv man at arms would be 6 . (8+2-4=6)
    Abandon all hope.

Btw. Feel free to participate semi veterans (noobs who dont like the term noob ).

You may request one good answer to a question...
    Abandon all hope.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why do Templar knights cost less than chivalric knights, even though they have the same attack/defence/armour/morale stats ?
    Would the answer be...there is no reason? Templar knights should cost more?
    Or the charge value?

Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Thumbs up

Quote[/b] (Big King Sanctaphrax @ May 02 2003,12:16)]Or the charge value?
    Wheee, first good answer, now the other questions .

Other knights have irrisistible charge, while Templars just have a good (excellent ?) charge. That's where the 50 florins went .

Abandon all hope.

WOO Where's my journey to the elf lands?

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Quote[/b] ]Which faction loses camels in high era(but have them in early)?
    The Egyptians?

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Mithrandir @ May 01 2003,17:51)]Q 5. What's the name of the map with 3 bridges on it ? (standard map)
    the map named Kalka has 3 bridges. i know from playing the historical campaigns

Thumbs up

Quote[/b] (Monk @ May 02 2003,12:51)]
    Quote[/b] (Mithrandir @ May 01 2003,17:51)]Q 5. What's the name of the map with 3 bridges on it ? (standard map)
    the map named Kalka has 3 bridges. i know from playing the historical campaigns
    Kalka is indeed the map .

You only get a trip to The Elf Lands if you answered all 5 questions... but more to come still .

No Egyptians still have camels in high&late era. (shouldnt be too hard now ).

Still 3 questions to go, overpowered (not really overpowered,but thought of as _very_ good) unit due to upgrading,The math one and still the camels question .

Good luck .
    Abandon all hope.

Quote[/b] (Mithrandir @ May 01 2003,17:51)]No veterans are allowed to participate . No wannabe noobs either (Gah An-Elmo).

Q 2. What's considered the best (overpowered) infantry unit in late era,thanks to upgrading it?

Q 3. Which faction loses camels in high era(but have them in early)?

Q 4. What is the base morale of an (normal) archer, a Ghazi infantry,a unit of Fanatics minus the morale of a unit of Valour 2 Jannisary Heavy Infantry ?

Q 5. What's the name of the map with 3 bridges on it ? (standard map)

GL . First price is a fully payed journey to The Elf Lands...
    Quote[/b] ]What's considered the best (overpowered) infantry unit in late era,thanks to upgrading it?
    Handgunners?

Quote[/b] ]No Egyptians still have camels in high&late era. (shouldnt be too hard now ).
    Turks, then?

Sanctaphrax is on a roll here .

Only maths question remains...
    Abandon all hope.

Ask your question, Bridge Keeper I am not afraid

What's considered the best (overpowered) infantry unit in late era,thanks to upgrading it?

In high florin or low florin games?

Cool

Quote[/b] (Crandaeolon @ May 02 2003,13:15)]Ask your question, Bridge Keeper I am not afraid

What's considered the best (overpowered) infantry unit in late era,thanks to upgrading it?

In high florin or low florin games?

Ni
    Abandon all hope.

So it's archer+Ghazi+fanatic-V2 JHI?

Quote[/b] (Big King Sanctaphrax @ May 02 2003,13:18)]So it's archer+Ghazi+fanatic-V2 JHI?
    yup...

damn, that went fast, now I got to come up with new questions already .
    Abandon all hope.

Archers(-1)+ Fanatics(8)+ Ghazi(12)=19-V2 JHI(12)=7

Talking

I wanna quiz the newbies

Ok Question 1:

I am gonna get in so much trouble with this...

You are waiting for a partner to play a 2v2. It does not matter who your opponents are. Anyway, this is a hypothetical situation, so lets say that just this once, you get to pick your partner from this list of players.
    Before you pick, remember:

1: None of these names are real. I have made them up for the purpose of this examination. Any similarity between these names and actual online players is strictly coincidental.

2: You are a newbie. You have not seen any of these players, or for that matter, any players at all in the game yet. You have had no prior experience in the game or foyer with any of these people.

Pick one:

1: henry32
    2: Renzorus
    3: [RRR][73]viciousbadger
    4: Neo
    5: g;wglsznieh
    6: mommy_i_had_an_accident
    7: REALLY_STRONG_DUDE
    8: IZH

Ok I may have exaggerated a bit, but what's your pick? Why did you choose this player? Tell me why.

Nobody really wants to admit it, but screen name profiling does happen. It could be the reason nobody joins your game, or the reason nobody wants to be on your team. Some names just yell out NEWBIE to other players, and this is not due to the fact that nobody has seen this player's name before. In fact, in many of the online games I have played, like CS and UT, players with certain types of names have exhibited similar characteristics in the way they treat the game. A lot can be told from a screen name. I want to know what you see in the names I have displayed above you. The right or wrong answer is not in your choice, but your explanation.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Quote[/b] ][RRR][73]viciousbadger
    That guy. He sounds experienced.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote[/b] ]henry32
    you should not estimate ones skill from their name..mine is Monk and i have defeated my share of enemies. while i agree that some names tend to scream out n00b, it is wise never to underestimate your foe. to always play as if you faced a superior, thats only my oppinion though. Therefore this one player could be one of the best yet by his name you would never know it.

I think I'd choose IZH, henry32 or Renzorous possibly.

Clan names mean nothing to me. It shows they probably play a lot but doesn't mean they are any good. I look for names that make people look mature as they tend to be good players. Clans tend to have few good members with the rest just being novice followers. The MTW crowd here seems more mature and probably different in this aspect though.

I on the other hand play AOK and EE extensively as TheRookiee, and I'll join a room with other clan members or whatnot trying to agree on the teams. No one wants to be on my team to my delight, so they put me on the team they think all the bad players are on. Sometimes I get booted cuz they don't want a noob, so that's kinda frustrating. Funnily enough, I'm an expert player, and I win 95% of the games even with novice allies. My allies all marvel as they are building their bases up while I'm storming the map taking them all on. AOK is harder to win against 2, but in EE I can take on lots of people at once. EE is my fav game by far due to the huge battles and nonstop action I create by playing aggressively.

Then later in the game the other team will start crying about how I rushed this or that, or how I'm not a rookie, or how I played cheap and won with tons of infantry, archers, cav, guns, seige, air, whatever I determined their weaknesses were. Ahhh, what fun. I think I need to go play a game.

Course the best games are when both sides are playing very aggressively which makes for nailbiting games where powers wax and wane which leads to a finale of battles where the enemies' bases finally break and get overrun with troops.

The RRR][73]viciousbadger guy sounds like a clan member because of the [] brackets.

This would be my last pick: REALLY_STRONG_DUDE

Henry32, Renzorus and Neo sound OK.

mommy_i_had_an_accident might be a sarcastic guy with experience or my-type-o-guy: looser

Either of those 3 since they're most likely an undercover player (hate 'em).

And stop stealing my thread (got to check on the morale of Ghazi btw. I thought it was 8 ).

More questions in a few hours .
    Abandon all hope.

Quote[/b] (Big King Sanctaphrax @ May 02 2003,13:52)]Archers(-1)+ Fanatics(8)+ Ghazi(12)=19-V2 JHI(12)=7
    I think it should be:

Archers(-1)+ Fanatics(8)+ Ghazi(8)= 15 - V2 JHI(12)= 3

If I want to pick an experience and probably nice person, then:

3: [RRR][73]viciousbadger

He is probably a clan member. Clan members are often have some sort of code of conduct or clan rule that they have to follow and this means they often well behave. Secondly, clan members often have good online participate time or practice time with their clanmates and this lead to more experiences.

The following would be considered next:

1: henry32
    2: Renzorus
    4: Neo

These are probably independent players. Could be noob or could be vet. Could be nice or could be bad. Who knows. However, 1, 2 and 4 sound better to me.

I would avoid these:

5: Sound like a sudtitude name.
    6: Too childish.
    7: Probably not a nice player. Probably a guy whose mouth is bigger than his fist.