Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am frustrated

Angry

Hi all,
    I'd really appreciate if one of you can show me a way to buy VI.
    I live in Turkey, Ankara (the capital city) and it seems I just cannot buy VI from anywhere. There aren't big computer game shops in this country because sadly more than 90% of the games sold are coppied/crack. Crack games can be found easily as most of the time they appear even days before original release date of games. (Some people must be getting the image of the CD from internet I guess) However buying crack games is against my ethical values.

Eventhough I do not like ordering anything with my credit card from internet, I have tried ordering it from amazon.com as suggested in the official website, but Amazon does not ship the game to Turkey. Damn I really want this game quick

Please someone help me, isn't there another way? (like another website other than amazon)

Why dont you try EBgames.com

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try to order it right now. Any suggestions are welcome (the dependable ones of course as I do not want to give my credit card no to the net Btw sorry I'm not familiar with international web shops other than amazon because simply I have never used them)

I cannot understand Am I unlucky or is there something wrong with that site? Bahamos, Barbados, Equatorial Guinea, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Aruba, Gibraltar ...etc ...etc
    many less developed countries than Turkey are included, but not Turkey.

I started to think maybe some people that buy crack games here just buy because they have no choice. Hey developers, marketers, distributers... there's a big market here in this country with a big young population.

Please tell me some other international website if you know. I'm really gonna cry here

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Maybe make like a viking and raid england...
    or try a google search for companies that supply games over the internet.

The possibility is that they don't ship to Turkey because they are trying to diminish the speed with which it will get cracked there... however without shipping there at all it doesn't really leave many options for locals.

With a very young average population that is approaching 100 million fast it would seem an ideal area to get games into.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

Hmm problem eh? Honestly I don't know what I would do, my initial instinct would be to buy online but even then some people don't have credit cards and I have no idea what customs rues apply to Turkey. I guess you could e-mail directly activision and ask them but other than that I'm stuck Besides waiting the many years until Turkey becomes part of the EU I'm usure as to what you could do, I'd mail you a copy myself postage and £20 in hand

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The possibility is that they don't ship to Turkey because they are trying to diminish the speed with which it will get cracked there...
    Have no doubt that I can have a cracked copy of VI tomorrow if I want to because it already can be found in some places here.

I have found a yahoo store Gamestop.com but I just wanted to ask you guys 2 questions before ordering it,
    1. Do you think this site is dependable?
    2. Do you think this site might deliver the product much longer than it says? (Ex, it says 1 week but delivers it in 1 month lol)

Thx Monkeyman,
    Did I understand you correctly that you are offering me to post the game for me for L20? (sorry I couldn't bother to search for that currency sign in my Turkish keyboard)

I have bought from Gamespot before.....they were cool. Try any stores closer? Ebay? maybe last resort if you trust someone in here you could send them money and they ship it to you.
    Dimeolas

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Kanuni @ May 10 2003,00:03)]Thx Monkeyman,
    Did I understand you correctly that you are offering me to post the game for me for L20? (sorry I couldn't bother to search for that currency sign in my Turkish keyboard)
    Well if you offered 20 pounds stirling (price in the UK) and whatever it cost to post to turkey from the uk these days (no idea what that is) then no problem Of course I only take money in bank as proof of payment, so you'd have to trust me rather than the other way around if you understand

Personally I'd recommend other methods but I am of course most trustworthy

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

You could check for stores in Dubai. I think Virgin stores in Dubai have a mail service.

Check your email I have sent you another interesting, and easy option.

A Gamecenter with a dedicated Total War fanbase!
    Check out our Facebook!
    Email: shahed@outpost.be

I trust you Monkeyman, but posting it might be risky
    Anyway I'll try Ebay and Gamespot today. If I can order it thx for the help offer anyway. If I can't I'll request from you if it's OK with you. You can send info with e-mail about what account to transfer the money. I can send it right away tomorrow. I really want this game quick

Oh sorry Sinan I didn't c your post, I guess we were posting at the same time. I'm checking the e-mail right now m8

Talking

No problem Bro, we posted at the same time, almost.
    Pop me a mail with your reply.

PS: check the 99 address.

Check out our Facebook!

Thx for your mail Sinan, I have replied your mail.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

hmm.. well i thought we had it bad in australia... best of luck getting it though
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Arrow

done.....ball is back to you . Kanuni
    Check out our Facebook!

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Gotta love it: members helping members. That's what we're all about m8's.

Any prob's with this transaction, let me know:
    jim@jimcee.com

Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

hey m8, you can try this:
    specialreserve

It worked fine for MTW for me, though it took 2 weeks to deliver.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Gee you guys have it rough huh?
    Legacy for the airwaves.

Hey Kanuni, how you getting on with buying the game? I think you can order the game direct from totalwar.com too.

And well done for not buying a dodgy copy of the game - there are far too many people in this world who think it is their *right* to own pirated software, music etc, so I admire your dogged refusal to buy an illegal copy, even when you have no choice
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Thanks Mount Suribachi, I have found a place to deliver the game for me in the city. I guess I'll have to wait for a week for the game to arrive though

Oh btw I don't think you can buy the game directly from .com, the site adresses amazon.com.

Oh and also thx for admiring my refusal to buy pirated software. The people that buy such games thinking that it is their right do nothing different than stealing IMO.

I'll second Suribachi's admiration for your strong moral fiber Kanuni. You are alright my friend.
    This space intentionally left blank

Hey, kanuni, not bad - you've gone from a guy who was getting a bit of a flaming to one who is been congratulated for his character in about a week
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Thanks

It often comes down to effective communications.

Yep, but it was my fault. If ur gonna speak English, u have to speak it the way people understand correctly right?

Maybe that is true, but you learned something and I know I sure did.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

well i should be gettig my copy today or tomorrow.... i live in that part of sydney where there are no good stores
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Quote[/b] ]Maybe that is true, but you learned something and I know I sure did.
    I certainly did. Eventhough I'm a university student and only 24, I communicated lots of times with foreigners in the city I live, in touristic cities of Turkey and in other countries including Germans, Americans, Greeks, French, Scandinavians, Indians etc... etc... We had discussions sometimes and sometimes even arguements, and I always had a direct way of arguing similiar to the first posts in that topic. However they never mentioned anything about tone, rudeness or agressiveness. Maybe they were just polite or maybe they were afraid of me because I'm quite big and large
    So I'm glad I learned from this forum that I should be more careful when I communicate with other cultures. Feel free to warn me anytime if you feel any aggressiveness in my posts because maybe sometimes I may just return to my natural way of speaking without any bad intention

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast