Thread: Can\'t access throne room

Yep it's me again - thought I'd get everything (for now) said at one go.
    Well, on the relevant options 'parchment', the words 'Throne Room' are at the bottom, but the check box which I assume should be underneath doesn't fit on there, so it's impossible to activate it, and changing my screen resolution etc. doesn't help at all. Anyone got a solution? Or might this be an issue for the patch too?
    Wrong forum for this topic? Well apologies if so but it's not really a bug or a tech. support issue, so I put it here.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Sounds like a tech, but I don't know so I'll leave it here until someone with knowledge about this kind of thing can make a better call.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Well it works for me so I don't think it's a 'bug' as such that needs correcting in the patch. Fraid I can't help though.

------------------
    Fight first, ask questions later.
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

I'm not sure if this will help,but did you do a full install?

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I have the same problem... help...
    SlackER ~ Extreme

I have the same problem , I cant even get the Throne room tick the box option. It definatley sounds like a bug to me. What garphics card do you have?
    Do you have STW Warlords edition or just STW and MI?. If you go to the Tech questions section you will see my post about options being unavailable.
    Good luck

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

You need a full install and to activate this option (In "options" in the game)
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Thanks for your responses: I can't activate it in options because as I say it doesn't seem to fit on the screen: or maybe it is not meant to be there, because of the installation thing - as for my installation, I can't honestly remember - I selected the recommended option, which perhaps was not the full install (why would the recommended install exclude the throne room?).
    Perhaps you're right that it's a bug. My graphics card, since one of you asks, is a recent ATI 64Mb Radeon. And one of you asks about my edition too: I have the Warlords Edition, which I had to get for complicated reasons even though I had the original game already - however, the original game hadn't been installed on my HD for some weeks before I installed WE, for reasons (now solved) of space.
    Perhaps sometime in the future I'll simply uninstall and do a full reinstall - I find the throne room handy because the map shows the overall situation in a way you can't otherwise see.
    Thanks again for your points.

In respones to KumaRatta, I have done a full install 1650MB of STW Warlords edition and the throne room options are still unavailable.

Once ur done w/ full install,

go to option and check the box for Throne Room, it works for me now... Thanks
    SlackER ~ Extreme

Actually, I did a full install, and have the same problem. I think it's a matter of resolution, but it's not a game setting you can control...

Duff
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO