Thread: Problem with VI

Well since I am only a junior I can't post in the bug threads, so I will say it here. During a battle, when I alt tab out of the battle to answer an IM or something, the unit pictures disappear. The only way to get them back is to group a couple of my units, which moves them to the left of the other units, and then the pictures reappear. By the way, how do I get promoted so that I am able to post in other boards?

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Hi Wheatley, welcome to the.Org

Simply post a few more times, and you'll be on your way around the forums.

I don't have VI yet, so I don't know if your situation is game-specific (haven't heard that particular problem before). Although, by the sound of your description above, sounds like a vid card or refresh rate issue. What video card, sound card, CPU, RAM & OS do you have?
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Hey Wheatley, good to see you again....did you install DirectX9 from the VI disk?
    Dimeolas

Yes I have Directx 9.0. Video card is a geforce 2 MX , sound card is an NVIDIA sound card that came with the ASUS A7N8X( forgot the name), CPU is an AMD 2000+, RAM I have 512MB DDR PC2100 & OS is Windows XP. By the way, where can I find a good site for strategy tips for MTW online?

i get that but when i start a new battle it goes
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

?????????

Do you do a lot of gaming? Maybe the settings for directdraw and all that for the card....you could also check the faq for issues. Be sure to close everything in the background you can...even the virus scan. When was the last time you virus scanned and defragged?
    Dimeolas

Could be a one time deal?
    I once got black squares around the ghosts on the 3D map, after DX9, but it went away the very next battle...

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

the problem with VI is that its publisher and distributer is activision
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

I dunno where to send this but... i choosed here (dunno why)

Well i have a question i been thinking much about...
    I have a comp that aint so good, it has 677 mhz, gforce2, windows xp. Heh i dunno anything bout comps... i just wonder if this is good enogh to play VI and RTW... i really really hope so cuz i just bought gforce 2 for not so long time ago

Please anyone know if it is able to play VI and RTW with my comp please tell me.

Wolf_Nashwan
    The hunting wolf said to his victím: Yes you can run, but you will only die tired

Ill tell you this, I have experienced it too. But the unit pictures return to the unit information panel(s) after a few seconds, Im not sure I wasnt counting.

Its not hardware related, so dont try. Just a bug.
    MF_Ivan aka Executor96

Tourney Director for Winter 2003 Arts of War Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Wolf_Nashwan @ May 12 2003,08:29)]Well i have a question i been thinking much about...
    I have a comp that aint so good, it has 677 mhz, gforce2, windows xp. Heh i dunno anything bout comps... i just wonder if this is good enogh to play VI and RTW... i really really hope so cuz i just bought gforce 2 for not so long time ago
    Try checking what kind of motherboard you have (the model number along with the brand). After that you can find the motherboard manual online and check what processor max is. If you find you can get a reasonable processor with higher speed (200mhz more) then by all means get it.

Next, get rid of the Geforce2 and buy a Geforce3 TI or Geforce4 Ti. Do not buy a Geforce MX series card under any circumstances

Upgrade your ram, to atleast 512mb.

It should run quite well then and by what we are currently hearing about RTW it should be able to run it too.

If you dont feel like you wanna do this, just buy a new computer (the prices are really down on them). Check out Dell Computers, or try building your own (I had a fun time doing that with mine a couple years ago).

I am using P3 733mhz, Geforce4 TI4200, 256 Ram. It works well, but Im gonna sell it and buy a high end laptop.

MF_Ivan aka Executor96

Tourney Director for Winter 2003 Arts of War Tournament

Yeah I heard that icon thing from others too , seems to be a bug , dont alt +tab out of multiplayer anyway it might slow down things for everyone etc etc ...

Nash - if MTW worked then VI will work too ... the geforce2
    is ok ( of course the cards mentioned by Ivan are better )

For RTW everyone will need a new PC anyway ....

TGI

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

they say the going specs for rome are a p3 600
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Quote[/b] ]they say the going specs for rome are a p3 600
    I know ... and thats what we call marketing

TGI

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Wheatley @ May 11 2003,13:19)]Well since I am only a junior I can't post in the bug threads, so I will say it here. During a battle, when I alt tab out of the battle to answer an IM or something, the unit pictures disappear. The only way to get them back is to group a couple of my units, which moves them to the left of the other units, and then the pictures reappear.
    This has happened to me a few times as well. I don't believe it is due to any particular piece of hardware since my configuration is drastically different from what you have listed. I managed to fix the problem each time it occurred by alt-tabbing back to the desk top one or two more times and eventually the unit pictures will reappear. I know it is frustrating but this is the only known fix that I am aware of. Good luck.

I guess it doesn't matter that much. And yes I defrag and scan for viruses and use window washer and delete old things in my registry(I am paranoid).

i also get that problem..

and there is another thing.. i get black squares all over the campaign map that dissaperes when you move a unit closeby.. but when you hit the end turn button they appear again..
    anyone know any solutions to this problem?

my english isnt very good.. but im trying my best
    //Jens
    play as the turks

Er, guys, I believe it is the readme file that says alt-tabing is a no-no. It has been that way since STW. My advice is to shutdown IM if you are going to play the game. That darn IM is worse that those stinkin' cell phones.

Welcome to the Org goldenarms. James Bond wouldn't stand a chance against you. Look at the problems he had with Gold Finger and Golden Eye. Ahem, anyway, your English is pretty good so don't worry about that. Do me a favour and post your problem in its own thread and include as much information about the problem and your system as possible. Also, is this a MTW or VI problem? If MTW, do you have the 1.1 patch installed?

This space intentionally left blank

Wheatly, have you tried emailing tech support?
    Dimeolas

gregoshi:
    thank you..I have posted in a own thread as you sed
    play as the turks