Thread: Did I see snow?

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

I noticed something in a battle in MTW... There was snow

never seen it before in MTW. but that was the first time I have ever played a game in the dead of winter.

Very cool.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Yeah, I had a winter battle in VI. My 60 UM defending a fort from 180 Saxon Huscarles Yikes

I really miss those winter battles like you used to get in STW...
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

The snow drives back the foot thats slow, the dogs of doom are howling more.
    n.batey

You have to play three or four battles in a year to get snow. Have happened to me quite a few times.

Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

My experience is that its random as to if you get it or not.

Still it is a nice development, i thought it was a bit strange how whenever I attacked Moscow, or other places in the frozen north it was always perfect weather

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The_Emperor @ May 16 2003,21:51)]My experience is that its random as to if you get it or not.

Still it is a nice development, i thought it was a bit strange how whenever I attacked Moscow, or other places in the frozen north it was always perfect weather
    I think I have read that the battles begin in spring, the next battle in summer and the third in autumm. So the fourth should be in winter, but due to a bug or somthing the 5,6,7th and so on are also in winter.

It is not always cold weather up here in the north.

Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

Its every second battle in a year is winter now. I thought it was just VI part but its winter in every second battle u fight in mtw in a turn aswell

UI dosen't show up so nice against teh white background

Member Member some_totalwar_dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dîn-Heru @ May 16 2003,22:59)]I think I have read that the battles begin in spring, the next battle in summer and the third in autumm. So the fourth should be in winter, but due to a bug or somthing the 5,6,7th and so on are also in winter.

It is not always cold weather up here in the north.
    It's not a bug, think about it the turns are yearbased so it would be silly if you had 5 battles waiting for you in 1222.
    First in spring..ect and the 5th aslo in spring. well it would be strange to jump back in time, that makes the 5th battle spring 1223

thats why from the 4th battle and onwards you get only winter battles.

hope this was understandeble (I'm tired and I drunk a little )
    theKyl: so I shoot some_totalwar_dude for hinting at my m8 sinan
    theKyl shoots totalwar_dude for spamming
    Demon of Light shoots some_totalwar_dude.
    Demon of Light shoots some_totalwar_dude for misspelling Chihuahua.

(image comming soon )

Its every second battle in a year is winter now. I thought it was just VI part but its winter in every second battle u fight in mtw in a turn aswell

UI dosen't show up so nice against teh white background

Ok to test this theory I reloaded a saved game of a really cool defensive battle a few times... and sometimes I got it with good weather and others I got it in the Winter with snow on the ground.

Same battle different slightly. Its good that the game doesn't assume that ALL battles take place in summer or spring. I regularly had to fight in a snowstorm in Shogun and its great that ahs been incorperated again.

Snow of course has a bad effect on fatigue and morale... as such I almost felt sorry for that army that had to trudge all the way across the map and then got routed with little effort by my forces.

I love this game

I have been playing VI for a few days now, and it does seem that every 2nd battle or so it is snowing. I'm not sure if its just me, or has anyone else experienced this?