Thread: weirdest thing happen when i play english campaign

i was playing the single english campaign early year....and i was allie with the french so they wont bother me...and was planning to atack them late in game, and all of a sudden in year 1210...my french allie turn to rebels...the map show no more blue..

how did that happen? i didnt notice any message..maybe i miss it.

that sure help me out alot now...now i can bribe the rebels..

this game is so awesome
    thanks

If all the provinces turned rebel, then their king probably died without an heir. You probably clicked past the message without noticing it.

But beware the last king could have had underage sons... Faction remerging could be imminent...
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Maybe their king died in battle fighting someone else (the Germans Spanis or Aragonese?)

Or maybe there was a civil war and the French King is backed up in some backwater province somewhere...

Either way rebel armies means good bribing and easy expansion, without excommunication. Go for it
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Has any1 else ever in the VI campaign had their king die with no heirs but ur best general takes over???

i seem to remeber something like that happen but cant be sure.

British Army: be the best

guess what within 3-5 years, the french cam back and took some providence they had before and some new ones from
    rebels....what causes them to come back like that?

if we died, we cant come back into game but i see the computer can..lol

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jbmagic @ May 16 2003,22:17)]guess what within 3-5 years, the french cam back and took some providence they had before and some new ones from
    rebels....what causes them to come back like that?

if we died, we cant come back into game but i see the computer can..lol

thanks
    If a king dies without an heir that is matured, ie 16 years, and there is no one of royalblood to take over then the faction is eliminated.
    The king may however have had an underage heir. When this underage heir comes of age, he will given there is a possibility, ie rebellion in one of the factions former provinces, try to restore his fathers kingdom.

humans don't have this option because who would we govern until the heir came to age. We need a possibility for defeat, earlier in the game than 1453.
    --St. Augustine

Actually, there is no need for the king to have an underage heir. This have happened to me and many others, im sure. 50 yrs after eliminating a faction, they just spring up again with a 16 yrs old king. They must have keept him on the freezer
    Yesterday the spanish reemerged in my portugese mod. the strange thing is that they did this in khazar , and they didn't even got near that province. How that heir got the khazar peoples suport for that rebellion is beyhond me
    Legacy for the airwaves.

Quote[/b] (Portuguese Rebel @ May 17 2003,10:17)]Yesterday the spanish reemerged in my portugese mod. the strange thing is that they did this in khazar , and they didn't even got near that province. How that heir got the khazar peoples suport for that rebellion is beyhond me
    perhaps they had sent a crusade to Khazar. A faction can re-emerge in any provine it has once owned.
    --St. Augustine

I know the rule is supposed to be that factions can only re-emerge in provinces they once owned - but I'm pretty sure there is some small bug here. I've definitely seen it happen elsewhere at least once. Come to think of it, the one time I remember it was the Spanish (in Livonia, which was particularly annoying since I had just taken Lithuania at the time as the English) - maube it's the Spanish only who can do this?

Quote[/b] (Dîn-Heru @ May 17 2003,04:24)]
    Quote[/b] ]perhaps they had sent a crusade to Khazar. A faction can re-emerge in any provine it has once owned.
    In my current campaign with the sicilians the Golden Horde keeps re-emerging in Denmark

It has happen 3 times in the last 50 years.
    Gandhi was once asked what he thought about western civilization. His response was: "I think it would be a good idea."

No, no cruzade or nothing. I tell you... in my portuguese mod i play the portuguese, and im right next to the spanish, so i grabbed those nice lands of theirs... real quick, and having full knowlage of their moves (emissarys and princesses as spys).
    And it ain't the first time it happens. One thing though, it seems to happen when there are few factions in the game. It appears the computer is trying to create more factions, even if it means to cheat openly.
    I think that when all provinces is are at 200% loyalty and in contact with the king, there will be no reapperance of factions. This may force the computer to displace a faction to another location. In this same campaing a HRE appeared after some years when a single province's loyalty went dow. This heir was already old (he must have been waiting) and died without an heir.
    Legacy for the airwaves.

correct me if i am wrong

but events can happen in other provinces which are not reported to you if you do not have an emissary there. Then the french king do die heirless or his empire run out of money and all his generals defect without you having any specific message.

I * think * i had this happen a few times, unless i clicked through the messages too quick. For example, lots of times provinces beyond my emissary coverage change hands without me knowing - This I knopw because between emissary visits things have changed quite a bit.

any comments?