I believe CA people have confirmed that the valor of each individual soldier is tracked in the game so that when you merge two units, you are not losing your veterans.

However, does this also apply to the combat bonuses attained from valor?

Example:

I have 10 late royal knights with 4 valor and 10 late royals with 0 valor. When I merge them, the resulting unit should be an average valor of 2. Ok, the valor of the individuals is tracked so that when the greens die off, the vets still contribute their high valor to the unit.

In combat, valor adds +1 attack/defense and +2 morale per point. Do each of the men in the unit receive these combat bonuses according to the average reported valor of the entire unit or do they get bonuses according to their individual valor? I am concerned because the F1 screen reports the bonuses according to the average valor.

In other words, would I have:

10 vets with +2/+2/+4
10 greens with +2/+2/+4

Or will I have:

10 vets with +4/+4/+8
10 greens with +0/+0/+0

I believe I recall that morale of each man is watched and the whole unit doesn't break until some critical chicken mass is reached. Can you confirm that's how routing is determined?

If that were true, I am encouraged to think that valor combat bonuses are tracked per man... The whole reason I want to know, of course, is to determine whether it's a good idea to refill high valor fragment units by merging or retraining.

Thanks for your attention guys.