Thread: Question

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

Yari cavalry,what are they good for?I love the way they look,spearmen on horseback.But,I haven't used them much,cause spearman seem to run almost as fast as they do...

------------------
    "I maintain none the less that Yin-Tang Dualism can bo overcome.With sufficent enlightment,we can give substance to any distinction:Mind without body,north without south,pleasure without pain.Renember,enlightment is a function of will power,not of physical strength."-Shang-ji Yang,essays on mind and matter.
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

1. to mow down fleeing enemy soldiers (in campaign) so you face lass of them if the same general attacks next turn.

2. to guard against Cavalry Archers (YC are faster).

that's two, anyway.

I don't know if this is accurate every time, but I've had them work well against Heavy Cavalry (especially with armor upgrades). My guess on why is because they have a longer reach, and IMO they resemble lancers.

Oh, and they're great for clobbering archers who stray a little too far from support.

------------------
    March swiftly to where you are least expected, and attack where your enemy must hasten to defend.

[This message has been edited by Vespasianus (edited 12-16-2000).]
    March swiftly to where you are least expected, and attack where your enemy must hasten to defend.

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Friend, There are 90 posts on cavalry in the thread "Back on Cavalry". Many of the best cav commanders in the game give their thoughts there. If you can't find the answer to your question there, it can't be found!

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....