Thread: Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!! Need tips NOW!

Okay I just got my computer up and running again and I've been working on improving my tactical game in the tester.

I did pretty well at first whipped the computers *buttocks* at a 10-1 ratio on equal funds in expert(during singoku). But then I started giving the computer more money.

I was able to beat it on my 13th try when the computer was 5,000 koku ahead of me in custom battle(8,000 me 13,000 computer) in expert(once again the sengoku).

But I hit a stone wall after that, I can't beat the computer on expert during the Sengoku when it has 15,000 or even 14,000 and I have 8,000.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Have any tips?

Or is it impossible to beat the computer on expert when it has that much of a cash advantage?

------------------
    "Which one of you cute little cup cakes want's to come home with me, make me a nice dinner and give me a blowjob!"
    -George Carlin
    "Which one of you cute little cup cakes want's to come home with me, make me a nice dinner and give me a blowjob!"
    -George Carlin

Let's just say that even for the most masochistic loony, there is a limit on how much he can take.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Quote Let's just say that even for the most masochistic loony, there is a limit on how much he can take.[/QUOTE]

Meaning which of the following:

1. I am a masochistic loony for trying to beat the computer in a custom battle when it has that much of a cash advantage over me.

or

2. You are not enough of a masochist to help someone as horribly bad as me

------------------
    -George Carlin
    -George Carlin

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Quote Have any tips?[/QUOTE]

Never eat yellow snow.

------------------
    Clan Kenchikuka

[This message has been edited by NinjaKilla (edited 11-03-2001).]

LOL! Expert? +5K? I'm not sure anyone could beat that, stop being so modest

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

i think it is improtant to know what map seasona nd army u gave the computer....
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

I think he's just trying to impress us.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Quote LOL! Expert? +5K? I'm not sure anyone could beat that, stop being so modest[/QUOTE]

I did. All I had left was 1 unit of muskets some ninja and a few really depleted units of Yari Samurai. It took me around 13 try's to be able to do it.

The one I can't beat is when the computer is 7,000 koku or even 6,000 koku up on me in expert.

Quote I think he's just trying to impress us.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad your impressed

Quote i think it is improtant to know what map seasona nd army u gave the computer....[/QUOTE]

On expert with random units were the computer has 7,000 koku more on me, I've tried every map and all seasons can't seem to win.
    -George Carlin

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

try camping. but really, there is a "terminal velocity" in game points you might've reached here; just like a car on Empty can't go on forever, you can't expect to win against great odds against you.

if you need an advantage besides camping, do yourself a favor at turn off the limited camera, that way you can "scout out" the enemy and get a better setup before committing to battle.

Solypsist,

Turning off the limited camera would be a god idea. My question is what the heck is the limited camera suppose to simulate anyway?

As for hitting a brick wall, I've got a suspicion your right. When the computer was 6k ahead of me even after I whiped out there cavalry force before the real fighting got started they still beat me.

*Sigh

THere just too dang powerfull.

------------------
    -George Carlin
    -George Carlin

Any new tips???

------------------
    -George Carlin
    -George Carlin

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Fall back to a more defensible position... like a bridge map. Get the pig to attack you there and you can whittle his army away in 2-3 seasons if he keeps attacking. Couple that with some shinobi action to entertain his forces by causing rebellions in his pacified regions, and you have the makeup of a future breakthrough!

If you do decide to retreat and give some provinces up, make sure to RAZE the province! Destroy everything you can (cant raze the castle...). At least you will get some koku out of it and the enemy wont get anything he can use. Raze farm improvements, towers, EVERYTHING -- dont give them koku-makers NOR troop-makers...

If you abandon a province, try leaving a half-dozen shinobi behind. The rebellion you get might very well be loyal to YOU! And what a great way to boost the size of your own forces! Sometimes, you will even get a rebellion every turn! You can just withdraw them each time until you get a massive army of your own! (One you have to support but not buy!)

If you have the koku, bribery would be a nice thing to try too...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]