Thread: How to use Thunder Bomber?

These troops have crazy damage weapons in their hands, w/ short range, poor H2H combat skills, danger of hitting friendly units or themselves....

so how do you use them effectively in battle?

------------------
    SlackER ~ Extreme
    SlackER ~ Extreme

In multiplayer get them some honor and good armour. Mind the weapons as they do add nothing to their explosive skills!
    If you are defending get them high up and run death to the adavncing enemy. They have short range so if you use them against other projectile troops they will have looses reaching there. So beef up armour and use with other projectile units to support them. I would say to use them in flat terrain when the attacker is attacking a bit before they engage your infantry. You will get many kills. Then move them to the back of the enemy flank and throw bombs there. They will run in no time. You can hold the line with the other infantry and let them do all the job
    Also protect them because they are crap fighters.

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.fateback.com
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

In my experience it's better ignore them completely but I'm sure that with practice they can become a devastating weapon.

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

If you use them well as force said, and you get some good luck, they will kill & rout your enemy in few volleys.

------------------
    Honour to Clan Torîi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Very Carefully and never up hill
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

I used thunderbombers once on enemy no-dachis. All but four of the no-dachis lay down and fell asleep. I was uphill.

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Don't use them when attacking castles.The bombs have a tendency to bounce off the walls
    and gateway edges,rolling back at your own units with devestating if not comical results."Hey Moe,Hey Larry,look at me I'm a thunderbomber WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP"

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I mostly play the Sengoku game.

But my experience is that thunder bombers are a little bit too expensive. Go with skirmers.
    "Which one of you cute little cup cakes want's to come home with me, make me a nice dinner and give me a blowjob!"
    -George Carlin

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Originally posted by Tachikaze:
    I used thunderbombers once on enemy no-dachis. All but four of the no-dachis lay down and fell asleep. I was uphill.

Yes that's what i meant, thunderbombers must throw down hill not up hill, the bombs kind of roll back lol
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

I have found TB's to be great when used defensively. The key is positioning them (preferably on a steep hill) and their covering units. Put your infantry at the crest of a hill, behind stack your TB's. When the enemy starts to advance upon your hill, pull the infantry back, moving TB's forward. (Having infantry out front keeps the TB's from being arrow fodder.)
    Once they are clear of your units - start lobbing canisters downhill. Be prepared to charge your infantry (and any MLC you have on the flanks) once the enemy breaks. It won't take long.

A couple more notes concerning TB's - they are useless fighting uphill, and NEVER try to throw bombs from inside woods.....
    They also excel when used to defend bridges - as 3 TB's firing on a bridge will easily wipe out 20+ men at a time.... However expect them to be shot at during the process by enemy arrows...
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Thunder bombers are fun! Marvel at the pretty little explosions and laugh at how many soldier they kill...good and bad! Kill counts of over one hundred are impressive, especially when they hurl those volitle little clay pots!
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally posted by Hosakawa Tito:
    Don't use them when attacking castles.The bombs have a tendency to bounce off the walls
    and gateway edges,rolling back at your own units with devestating if not comical results."Hey Moe,Hey Larry,look at me I'm a thunderbomber WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP"

[/QUOTE]

hehe... I tried that using TB assualting castle battle... get quite a few "Feedback" bombs... ouch~
    SlackER ~ Extreme

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Sanda bomas ROCK! I once took 16 into battle against an unsuspecting opponent... 10 seconds into the battle, he had nothing left! LOL LOL LOL

I just put them all into wedgies, selected them all, and ordered my boma mob to go bomb the general. Imagine 192 (16*12) bomas charging at you in a formless mass and hurling 192 bomas on you all at once!

It was a bloody massacre! Of course, 100 of my own died in the blaze too... but the survivors chased the enemy off the field! WOOHOO!

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 11-05-2001).]
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]