Thread: A problem...

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I've added the Venetians and the Genoese to my mod, but for some whatever reason, the Scottish have no units nor buildings in Scotland (in the Early era) except for the King. I've checked and double checked, and everything *seems* to be fine, but the declared buildings and units just dont show up. This happened before with Genoa, but I have no idea how I fixed that.

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

Wish I could help you kekvit, but this seems..well, mad really

This game can just go weird sometimes-not much comfort I know.

BTW, did you ever work out why the Irish were getting high royal knights in early?
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

hmmmm that's a scooby doo mystery........

Probably something very, very silly. Hard to tell without seeing the files. Your sure the unit and building production files are ok ?

I've never seen that ? The only time units or buildings didn't appear was when I tried to have my faction to have a unit which was forbidden due to the culture setting in the units file. And even then I got an error when loading MTW saying "Forbidden unit due to culture" type error.

Cheers
    EX__Starkhorn
    Let your manhood be seen by the push of your pike:- Owen Roe O'Neill at the Battle of Benburb 1646

Here it is. It's most likely a playable game, but it's in no way complete: http://www.kekvitirae.com/KekvitMod/AWD30beta.zip

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lancelot @ April 02 2004,05:34)]BTW, did you ever work out why the Irish were getting high royal knights in early?
    No, I just gave up

kekvitirae, I don't know if it's just my game but it looks like no one has anything. All buildings and units are missing for all factions in early.

I had the Scottish buildings working for a while but then I accidentally destroyed that :(

It's really weird. My guess is it has something to do with declarations of each faction.

Edit:

After checking again it turns out only Sots and English ... I think. I just used Scots and got this impression.

May your first child be a masculine child.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Kaatar @ April 02 2004,16:22)]Edit:

After checking again it turns out only Sots and English ... I think. I just used Scots and got this impression.
    Yeah, because you can clearly see at the beginning that Denmark has their docks

Okay, I fixed it. I'll give you the link to the new early startpos in a minute.

http://www.geocities.com/mtwstorage/...ekvitEarly.TXT

All done It just needed a bit of tidying up. All I did was put the MakeBuildings in alphabetical order.

The mod really looks good.

Many thanks. I'll test this out now.
    Oh, I was thinking of maybe including new music into the mod, but not sure about what everyone else thinks.

Sorry to be a bother once again, but I have just one more problem to figure out before I can release my mod. This is my new headache. I get that every time I manually do a battle. Anyone know how to fix it?

I got that when I made a had a custom factiosn unit set to PEASANT rather than CUSTOM# in the unitprod file.

I didn't get that using the mod yesterday. What faction does in happen for?

I had the same sort of issue when I first did a mod and it was related to my bif files for the units not being set correctly.

http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....;st=175

Cheers
    Starkhorn
    Let your manhood be seen by the push of your pike:- Owen Roe O'Neill at the Battle of Benburb 1646

I'm still stumped. I havent changed anything regarding the graphic bifs in the custom folders since I put in my Knights of Saint George last year...

I noticed it doesn't crash when it's just royal knights in the battle. Change the KekvitEarly startpos to custom battle enabled and then try out each unit individually. Once you've found out what skin is casuing it you could just lay around with it until it works.

I noticed that in the unit prod Urban Militia still used PEASANT rather the CUSTOM0. I changed it and it still crash but it might be a similiar problem. Trial and error looks to be the only option.

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

Kekvit,

Just thought I would let you know,

1) I got a marriage proposal from the Irish, the message said king whoever..clan "x@' etc etc.

'Clan' ? how did that get in there?

2) I dont know if this is due to your mod but I fought a battle on the flanders field. All the tree graphics were weird and the soldiers were kind of see through? The trees seemed like they wernt scrolling properly as you moved about...

Anyway, just a little feedback for ya..
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

Kaatar, I was going insane trying to figure out the problem, when I reread your post. In seems not only does the UrbanMilitia unit still have PEASANT, every other unit that uses that bif hasnt been replaced with CUSTOM1. Oops.

lancelot, the "Clan" thing is from MTW's engine. MTW is built off of the Shogun engine, and thus has many things remain that still smack of Shogun (Valour is called Honour in the unit_prod files, heroes are called samurais, etc). Thus, what you read as Clan, we know as Factions. I'll look into the error. I havent seen anything wrong with the trees in the battlefield lately, though.