Thread: Online Campaigns

I wish we could play campaign games with just the strategic map, online against other human opponents. The computer does a fair job of resolving battles itself.

Anyone else agree?

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

LOL I bought MI solely for the multiplayer. Of course I wouldn't mind playing the strategic portion in multiplayer if available, but 80% of the fun is in the battlefield.. well at least for me.

--tootee aka goldfish shimazu
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Yes, there has been long discussion about online MP campaign - and the answer is NO.

There seems to be too many technical problems to overcome with an online strategy campaign. Also, most players like STW for its battle. I guess people will get bored soon by just auto-resolving all combats, especially while they think they can win a lost one manually.

even if you can play online strat map part... why would you... battlefield is the core and actually for me, the only reason, for buying STW/WE

------------------
    SlackER ~ Extreme
    SlackER ~ Extreme

Well at least I would also like the strat map game available 4 online play. I think not the 80% fun is in the battle section. Cuz in MP you just start out with koku. I think many players would have a hard time gathering all these koku in strat map. and then, of course I think strat map should include the battle section.

-And if online strat map is too complicated, then they should go for LAN, faster connection and not so many problems after all.!

Just want to say to Toranoga that ur not the only one outthere whising a strat game.

------------------
    "-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
    -Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
    -Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Blog Entries

we have a MP online Campain.....

http://www.campaign.club.tip.nl/

15 clans are participate....

read urself..

koc

"Just want to say to Toranoga that ur not the only one outthere whising a strat game"

I second that
    Would love to do a Campaign(Original) over the net..let it be with close friends or with others..but i want that choices and it would drag more people to this game....

But it will only be a Dream "sigh"

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

[This message has been edited by EuroSan (edited 11-07-2001).]

Well.. I tried to get the folks in the community involved in making exactly that - an online strat campaign of a graphical nature - allowing for battles in game to decide conflicts. Unfortunately - response was spotty and the idea is currently on extreme life support - if not dead.
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

The strategic part of this game is like playing the game RISK, but hundred times better and more complex. It's a game in itself.

Quote Originally posted by Lord Toranoga:
    The strategic part of this game is like playing the game RISK, but hundred times better and more complex. It's a game in itself.[/QUOTE]

yup, kinda like RISK... but if you can really do battle, you can show the odds against mobs in battlefield play...

------------------
    SlackER ~ Extreme
    SlackER ~ Extreme

RageMonsta

Please read and take note of Kocmoc's thread.... there is a campaign....and its developing very nicely...

Oh yeah we have had faults but they will get ironed out and maybe one day if not on Monday (start date of second war) we will have a system to rival anything that could have been produced by CA......(although not as exotic or expensive!).

SAN you had/have the chance to experience the campaign but didnt......maybe you should look to sign up for the next one...... if I am right..there is a place for ronins now ..sooooo pop along to the address in koc's thread.......all welcome...unless your all armchair SP warriors and fear a true battle!

Was i/we(Euro) Monsta???
    It was only for the "friends" of the Campaign as you remembered..... we was not included in the restart of the first try to start that one....

But still i would like to have a "ORIGINAL" Campaign also.....

------------------