Thread: More Upgrades

Are the upgrades really worth the money?

I think that armour upgrades is worth it, specially if u can afford it on naginata, they almost get unbeatable!!!

------------------
    "-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
    -Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
    -Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

They are VERY worthed.

Missiles with armour upgrade are very good.

And if you protect them against morale penalties, No Dachi hon3 Wep1 beat standard monks...
    For some units with high morale (normally shock troops, cavs), a weapon upgrade will probably prove to be better than an honour upgrade.

Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan Torîi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

My principle is that I will only have weapon upgrade for troops of H3 and above, and no troops with H5 will go H6 without having weapon upgraded. Upgrade only once.. it's effective enof.

I find armour upgrade too costly..

--tootee aka goldfish shimazu
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Try building a kensi army (7 or 8 of them) all with gold armour and +3 weapons. Then you will see the true might of the upgrade MWHA HA HA HA .

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

Yari Ashigaru with weapon upgrades will take on any cavalry unit they go up against! With an armor upgrade, they can close quickly with an archer unit before taking many losses. With both, they are like little cowardly tanks. They kick butt for a while, panic, then regroup, kick some more butt, panic... all for a mere 133 koku (99 if you're Oda!)

No_Dachi with weapon upgrades are really quite nasty.

Naginata with armor upgrades are virtually indestructible - ideal for holding bridges or castle gates.

Cavalry with weapon upgrades are not something you want to face, even the lowly cavarly archer! Give them a weapon bonus, and they'll carve throu most non-spear units.

Depends what you want to use, and how much you want to spend. I do strongly recommend trying them out, especially if you play Single Player!

-- B)

I've said this before, but there's nothing like getting monks from a temple complex in Kaga or Kii(a legendary palace there is a nice bonus as well), then retraining them (anywhere) with a legendary armory & swordsmith. Then take said monks & drop them into say Takeda Shingen's army and you're looking at honor 6 monks. Kind of makes you shudder for those poor saps that have to face em'. I've seen a unit of those maniacs take out, and I mean take out down to the last 2 or 3 guys, 6 full units over the course of a battle.

my Khan dont use the upgrades, but can he have some statistics on the shooters with upgrades?
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Chammy,

Tell your khan to beef up no-dachi with weapon, and test them on monks...

Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan Torîi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

To the Cham of the Most Noble Magyar Khan:

As far as I know, there are no bonuses to help the weapons of any of the shooters, and the only way to affect their accuracy (besides the terain and weather) is by raising their honor.

However, the upgrades to help ranged units. Beter armor means they get the upper hand in an archer duel. If the Khan's cavalry archers have an armor bonus, then the wretched ground-pounders won't kill as many of your troops.

Likewise, giving them a weapon upgrade increases their melee, so your cavalry archers have an easier time routing enemy infantry.

But as far as I know, you can't improve the actual melee weapons.

-- B)