Thread: Odd number of toes

Thanks to a comment by Asmodeus in another post

i think you can avoid having your king getting the inbred vices by ensuring your family marries outside princesses every so often.. Asmodeus mentioned htis possibility

Can anyone describe their experiences in this matter of the game?

I can NEVER get anyone to marry my princesses and no one offers me mine.. Must be something to do with my overwhelming dominanc eon the map (top military and tech and size)

btw, what's your royal family's name? mine are the Poitevins (300 yr old generational monarchy) and we are Frenchies

I've found that if you offer a Princess to a faction, HRE for example, and later request one of their Princesses to marry one of your Princes, they seem to me more receptive to the idea. You can do it even if you are already allied, or even if they are Orthadox and not Catholic. If possible use a high valour Emissary. It does get harder as your faction becomes more powerful.

I think it depends also on your Kings influence, the higher this is the more keen they will be to Ally/Marry. Negotiating Alliances and Royal marriages to powerful factions seems to improve your Kings influence which is a good way to keep up your reputation even if you are not invading provinces.

If rival factions are spying on your provinces with princesses (who can be tough to assassinate ), dont get annoyed - leave and Emissary there and hassle her to get married every turn, it sometimes works and prevents sending your Emissary in harms way (mine often get assassinated).

Dont just stay allied to a faction forever. If another faction wants to ally even though you will have to cancel other alliances, then do it - but make sure it involves a wedding

Last tip, if a faction who is badly in need of allies (often the French or Sicillians ) and they offer you an alliance, refuse. If they have a princess that is the best time to arrange a marriage or they may even offer a princess to you themselves - just dont say yes to a mere Emissary make them pay dearly
    Your jest shall savour but a shallow wit
    when thousands more weep than did laugh at it

- Henry V

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Try to get wives for you heirs as often as you can... as many foreign princesses as possible.

In my view Emissaries exist solely for the purpose of Chasing down wives (when no armies are around to be bribed)

As the other guy said, don't worry too much about emissaries bringing treaties, I'd much rather get a princess into the faction.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Agreed ... it is good and comforting to have some foreign blood in your veins, esspecially when it is brought by a beautifull princess ...

BTW, CA described very well what political marriage means, by including so many ugly princesses ...

I think that I've seen this "extra toe" vice. Did they program this to happen if you continue to marry within your faction?

May kitso.
    My Webpage

Whimsysmith & Designy Bloke CA Captain Fishpants's Avatar

The way to avoid the "Odd Number of Toes" vice from becoming a problem is simple: royalty and nobility should always keep their socks on in public.

MikeB ~ CA
    Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

The formal bit: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Or by removing a toe, thus bringing them back to a nice even number.

I keep my blood line as clean as a whistle and if one of my heirs tries to bed one of his siters I cut off his *snip*.
    Yet I still get the odd toes or chinless wonder vice. There is no regret to send a heir to his glorious death when he's low on stars, but when I get a 4 star plus dummy, well ít's not so easy to get rid of such dear boys.
    It still puzzles me why I have heirs whith thoes vices when I don't inbred my line. Is it some random vice?

Odd number of toes.....chinless wonder (lol wot a vice ) secret adulterer....secret perversion......

They all seem pretty random to me

.....Orda

Unhappy

I normally run into the problem of not being able to get marriages.
    I will be Baron of the world.