Thread: Argh, when did thay make guns work in rain???

That sucks big time!

bah..

------------------
    Death, a minor setback to someone with nothing to lose, thus, u may win the battle,
    but, inevitably u will lose the war.
    Death, a minor setback to someone with nothing to lose, thus, u may win the battle,

For the love of god people, they only work nominally in rain! Really, their rate of fire and accuracy are *quite* low, to the point of making them (IMO) almost useless!

All it means is that it's not *quite* as black-and-white as before. And honestly, do you really think that guns are *realistically* going to be *totally* worthless in rain? They still are *almost* totally worthless, just a bit more moderate representation, and I can't think of a single reason why that is not accurate and appropriate.

Matt

ok, well, i havent played for an age (due to my net comps cd drive being busted) and i just read it here, lol
    thanks for the "explination"

------------------

I'm sorry dude, it's just a lotta people complain about it, it's not just cuz you're new. I had been keeping my mouth shut for a long time and it just sorta came out then. I apologize.

I'm also sure you'll get some other points of view from various other patrons here.

Matt

Khan: I agree. I still fear the rain when I've got a lot of musks. Sometimes they'll do okay, like in bridge fights, but other times they can only get off one or two weak volleys before the enemy closes. It seems like the poor guys are given a percentage chance to fire in rain. They don't all go off at once. They can still grab some kills for you in rain, but they're not the frightening behemoths they are in dry weather.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

I have quite another expirence.. I Was attacker and I had seen the season, Autmun, and thought that there would be a good chance of rain. I Didnt buy any musks, only infantery and cav. I choosed a day with heavy rain all day, and deployed my army.
    -Finally He was set, and I charged the flank with cav., and the front with monks, nd and various other units. Unfortunately the never made it to the enemy, due to heavy and accurate gun fire!!!

/btw it was in totomi, no hight advantage!

I would wish that guns couldnt fire in rain because, if u try to stick ur finger in the pocket, take a bag of powder, and load ur gun without it gets wet, I think u are a hero! And there is a lot of heros in the game--- All the musks that do that!!!

-just my point of view
    sjak.

------------------
    "-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
    -Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
    -Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Probably your opponents had umbrella covering the musk... you know.. umbrella.. musk dont get wet..

--tootee aka goldfish shimazu
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

DOH!!

so THATS why they have cone shaped hats!!!!!!!

now i truly don't know enough about reloading the muskets of that era,
    but i have a powder bag here - no idea how old it is - that is kinda like a water canteen (the teardrop shaped canteens) with a tiny hole in the top with a stopper, you pull out the stopper and pour the powder into the musket,
    i believe the muskets of that era had a 'raised cover' over the touch hole, preventing water getting in,
    BUT how did they keep their matches lit?
    (a fuse like material that burns real slow)

- where there is a will there is a way...

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

jap cav could work great agianst guns if they had speed like the mongol light cav because ive been playing with the troop stats and made jap cav archers fast like the mongol light cav and they not only move with great speed but engage like they should being able to kill faster and chase routed units off the field killing them not stoping ever few secs to march or say presuing which is very annoying...they also make much better flankers were they protect themselves from losing 15+men in there unit from a few units routing into them...i am still messing around with the troop stats and projectiles and it dosnt take much time to balance the units at all...

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

here's the quote from the original stw manual:

page27

"NOTE: The arquebus will not work in the rain if their powder gets wet. However, later in the game you can upgrade to muskets that will work in all weather conditions."

and another on page 28:

"Their advantage over Arquebusiers is that their weapons function in all weather."

so, muskets were always supposed to work in stw and didnt. it was actually a bug that they didnt work in poor weather in stw. for we/mi, the bug was fixed.

it's also quite true that the musket reload time goes up significantly, like about 4-5 times in medium rain, and the accuracy drops way down. and, if you watch the muskets closely, you'll see actual misfires, where the gun will attempt to fire but doesnt.

the conclusion here is that it's still an effective ploy to pick rain as the attacker to foil large gun armies.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.