Thread: Heroes

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

This is the list of heroes against HRE

FAMOUS_HEROES:: FN_GERMAN_HRE 15
    //hero name date, c, d, p, a, l, v, TYPE ID_REGION PORTRAIT
    Henry, the Lion, 1129, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4, fearsome1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //of Saxony, father of Otto IV
    Hartmann, von Aue, 1155, 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, no_v, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //knight-adventurer, crusader, poet
    Herman, von Salza, 1160, 3, 5, 6, 4, 6, secret_pride2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Grand Master Teutonic Knights
    Albertus, Magnus, 1200, 1, 3, 5, 3, 4, pious2, BISHOP, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Dominican scholar
    Conrad, of Marburg, 1201, 1, 7, 5, 1, 4, rebel_killer3, INQUISITOR, ID_LIMBO, -1 //murdered 1233
    John, of Bohemia, 1310, 2, 2, 3, 1, 4, scarred3, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //blind when fighting at Crecy
    Albert, Sterz, 1320, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, moneygrabber1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Company of the Star leader
    Hannekin, Bongarten, 1330, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, moneygrabber1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //mercenary general
    Werner, von Lrslingen, 1331, 3, 7, 0, 1, 1, butcher, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Enemy of God, Enemy of Piety, Enemy of Pity
    Jan, Zizka, 1360, 4, 3, 5, 2, 3, scarred2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Hussite general at end of career; one-eyed, then blind but still a winner
    Walther, von Vogelweide, 1170, 0, 1, 3, 2, 5, educated2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //well known chivalric poet. No notable skill in combat, thoughŠ
    Albrecht, der Bar, 1100, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, no_v, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Founder of Brandenburg and Askanier dynasty
    Heinrich, von Morungen, 1150, 2, 2, 4, 2, 5, bookworm1, EMISSARY, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Knight in service of Bishop of Meissen; notable Poet
    Wolfram, von Eschenbach, 1171, 0, 1, 3, 2, 5, educated2, EMISSARY, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Poet, promotor of chivalric ideals
    Winrich, von Kniprode, 1311, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4, chivalrous1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Teutonic Grandmaster 1370-

Which got me thinking, how do these work? If u notice there is an item which says what they are, ie Emissary, General, Bishop, so what is that flag for ?
    When will these appear in the game ?
    How wil these appear in the game, for example if u build a combat unit in 1311 or just after will its leader be Winrich Von Kniprode.
    Are all these units going to be generals or are they type specific, ie the first emissary you build after 1150 will be Heinrich von Morungen. I also could not help but notice that they all have a region allocated to them, so is that they only place they can be built?

Tonight when I get home from work I think it will be time to do some testing......
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I also could not help but notice that they all have a region allocated to them, so is that they only place they can be built?
    Makes you wonder were in Germany Limbo is
    I would say they are not all generals, but are type specific. Albertus Magnus is always a bishop.

Heroes, i dont think i have ever seen a hero in MTW...
    A Raven in heart, forever

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

I have been using this file alot for The Lords Napoleonic Mod and I was able to add Napoleon and others to the game, the stats are easy to follow Name of hero, date (which I have found is a generalization it will appear on or around that date)then you have Command,Dread,Piety,Accumen,Loyalty then V&V,Type of Hero ie. General etc. ID_LIMBO just means it will appear in a random province belonging to the Heroes Faction.(you can also name specific provinces if you wish) The -1 points to the heroes portrait -1 being a random portrait you can actually assign portraits to your added heroes,(You can see an example of this(screenies) with The Duke Of Wellington and Napoleon in the Nap. Mod thread in the Dungeon). Have fun
    Taking life one day at a time!

Good info thankyou Lord
    ShadesWolf

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Heroes are great when they turn up in a game... The most common ones I have seen for the English are of course Thomas Beckett and Guy of Gisbourne, but they do add an interesting element to the game.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

I must admit that I have paid no attention to them what so ever. But after looking at the stats and reading the files in the directory, I think I may be time to do a little work on them.

They seem to be quite an interested addition to the game that I have been missing......
    ShadesWolf

When do they turn up?? How do you see them???
    A Raven in heart, forever

Heroes show up at time periods in the game corresponding to about when they lived historically. They seem to always show up as long as you are building new units for them to take over at the time they are available. You can get Hero Kings also, but I'm no sure of the requirements for them. I've gotten Fredrick Barbarossa as my Holy Roman Emperor before. Does anyone know what determines when hero kings some up?

There is a file in the Total War directory with lists of the special Kings and heroes each faction gets complete with vices and virtues, but I don't think you are guaranteed to get them all in one campaign. I think it's called Default_heroes in the Folder Campmap/Names the same directory has a file Viking_heroes that lists the Viking era ones.

I have tested this and could not come to a conclusion from the results.....

I did get some heroes around the correct dates, but others which seemed to be no different just didnt appear.

Has anybody else looked into this ?

I only tested HRE.
    ShadesWolf

Maybe their appearance is corelated with your actions ... maybe

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pr Fire @ June 11 2003,07:08)]Maybe their appearance is corelated with your actions ... maybe
    I have found that the dates given are just a generalization . The Hero listed will appear on or around the date given. And yes the conditions have to be right . The right unit chosen or whatever other modifier effects the appearance of the hero. You can try modding the date and then change ID_LIMBO to a specific province from the heroes faction say for HRE ID_BAVARIA . If you are adding your own Hero from scratch make sure you make the proper entries in the Names txt file under the Hero Forenames/Surnames or you will get translation errors.If I can be of any more help just e-mail me and I will be gald to go over the file with you.
    Taking life one day at a time!

Thanks for the offer Lord Of Storms

I am just going to use them to add a new level of reality to my story when I come to do the SP guide for the HRE.

I just was wondering what info people knew. Anyway thanks again for the offer, if I get into any problems I might drop u a line.
    ShadesWolf