Thread: big invasions and rebllions

Hello,

I recently got the game (the original MTW, not vikings)and have played three campaigns (on normal level). I noticed that each time I attacked a number of enemy provinces simultaneuosly and succesfully the other side collapsed into rebellions, though on no occasion had I actually fought the enemy king (no cav units with a crown in the battle) and there was no message that the king had died. This is a bit annoying because I wanted some big battles

Playing France attack HRE in Provence, Swabia, Franconia .... Generally attacking with 1000-1500 men against similar opposition. The Germans also had large armies in Venice, Austria and Lithuania and I was hoping for several big clashes - but they collpased.

Ditto playing HRE attacked Byzantines, and playing Turks attacked Spanish (largest army in the world at the time)though this was slightly different - I went from Egypt to Morrocco in 5 years chasing a crusade, By the time I got to Cordoba, Spainish king had 70 odd troops in Granada and several thousand rebels in Cordoba and Portugal.

Also in playing Turks I was able to get lots of high quality mercenaries in Plaestine but not in inns elsewhere (bulgaria, tunisia, trebizond...), though no crusade got further than Constantinople or Egypt. Any one know why?

Thanks, and I must say this forum is a lot more informative thatn the official one

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

As an enemy King loses terrirtory he also loses influence... Influence effects the loyalty of generals (and the AI often has low loyalty guys in charge of big armies)

So all this is the pre-requisite for civil war and rebellion.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Greetings o_loompah and welcome to the Org. I'm glad to hear you don't find us revolting too. I don't have an answer to your question, but I don't recall anyone else making similar comments. I will tell you this, from what you've told me, I think you are ready for a hard campaign at the very least.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The_Emperor @ June 05 2003,12:17)]As an enemy King loses terrirtory he also loses influence... Influence effects the loyalty of generals (and the AI often has low loyalty guys in charge of big armies)

So all this is the pre-requisite for civil war and rebellion.
    So I shouldnt have humiliated the poor sod if I wanted big battles. Thanks

Any ideas on the distribution of mercenaries?