Thread: Shimazu\'s bonus

Hello all, stupid newbie question. Flame on.
    The rules are pretty clear on all the clans' bonuses except the Shimazu clan's. What does their aura in battle actually achieve for them? Is it a +1 morale modifier or something? On a similar note, what advantage (if any) do Imagawa's samurai gain from their headstrong character? With respect to both of these clans, the rules refer to the samurai by name, does this actually mean that the ashigaru and musketeers don't benefit?

I'm a little confused by your post, so I'll ask a stupid newbie question of my own: What bonuses are you refering to? Can you give me an example from one of the other clans? I was completely unaware that clans had bonuses beyond unit specialties: ie. Oda cheap ashigaru, imagawa cheap ninja, etc.

This is news to me.

johnmcd,

I think you are referring to the clan descriptions. I don't think there are such bonuses. The descriptions are there just to make things sound real and to create some feel for the clans. Shimazu's only bonus is cheaper no-dachi, and also Satsuma produces +1 honour no-dachi.