Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defending Daimyo\'s

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Defending Daimyo\'s

Can I take it you have "tested" this
    Fire up a late era game where you can get to Geisha's rather quickly, if you so choose. Then try sending one after your own Daimyo...

As a general thought ; you (Yesugey) have been around the STW forum for some time now, so why are you "currently" posting comments on several very old threads ( 2001/2 starts ), anyway ??
    I don't see the beef here Lord only knows that the number of active members here at the org is dwindling. Under normal circumstances, what you say is proper as it is at most forums I participate in. But AFAIAC, to necro a thread in one of the least posted upon Forums is at least SOME kind of activity.

And when was the last time there was a player new to STW posting here? I'll give you a hint......2013.
    High Plains Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by DEB8 View Post
    As a general thought ; you (Yesugey) have been around the STW forum for some time now, so why are you "currently" posting comments on several very old threads ( 2001/2 starts ), anyway ??

[ When I post on old Threads (BGG mainly), it's usually as a first time viewer/reader (on the Rules (questions) section). Detail as posted/advised elsewhere herein... ]
    I got bored at work, that's why

I am sorry, I am a bit old to waste my time with people looking for arguing people no matter what. Go report me, or sue me for misleading people

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yesugey View Post
    I never understand this "Don't resurrect posts" rule anyway. I read all the threads gets my attention, plus if there is a thread covers your idea, why don't you use it instead of creating a new one? Especially if the solution is the same over the years.
    There actually isn't any rule forbidding necro-posting. I am usually glad to see old discussions reopened. What I dislike is people necroing threads to post stuff that's been discussed to death in other places - but that isn't really an issue here.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    Fire up a late era game where you can get to Geisha's rather quickly, if you so choose. Then try sending one after your own Daimyo...
    Umm, so tested or not tested ??

I don't see the beef here Lord only knows that the number of active members here at the org is dwindling. Under normal circumstances, what you say is proper as it is at most forums I participate in. But AFAIAC, to necro a thread in one of the least posted upon Forums is at least SOME kind of activity.

And when was the last time there was a player new to STW posting here? I'll give you a hint......2013.
    No Beef, just curious...

I got bored at work, that's why
    Fair enough !!

I am sorry, I am a bit old to waste my time with people looking for arguing people no matter what. Go report me, or sue me for misleading people
    Not looking to argue ( or report ) , just comment ( like you )...

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    There actually isn't any rule forbidding necro-posting. I am usually glad to see old discussions reopened. What I dislike is people necroing threads to post stuff that's been discussed to death in other places - but that isn't really an issue here.
    I totally agree. It's not useful to resurrect 10 pages long argument with a simple comment, and see people heating it up again, that's a different case.

Umm, so tested or not tested ??
    You cannot assassinate your own family members
    High Plains Drifter

You cannot assassinate your own family members
    So - tested ( I presume ) !?!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Defending Daimyo\'s

So - tested ( I presume ) !?!
    If I recall correctly (it's been a long while since I played S:TW) it's simply not possible to target your own generals with ninjas or Geishas. You could do this in M:TW, but not in S:TW.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I'll test it myself sometime on my last campaign game save ( one turn before Victory ). I should have 1/2 Geisha's available...

Blast ! My last game was a MI one and I didn't build any Geisha's ( I deleted the rest of my saves ) ...
    Ergo : I can't test this...

Blast ! My last game was a MI one and I didn't build any Geisha's ( I deleted the rest of my saves ) ...
    Ergo : I can't test this...
    You can pick Tokugawa 1580 Campaign, and can have a Geisha only by building buildings and ending turns.

Rather insulting that he won't take anyone's word for it Must be an engineer type...gotta have empirical proof through "testing"....

.....I'm joking, of course
    High Plains Drifter

You can pick Tokugawa 1580 Campaign, and can have a Geisha only by building buildings and ending turns.
    True - but I'm not that bothered re testing it...
    Last edited by DEB8; 12-23-2015 at 18:50.

Rather insulting that he won't take anyone's word for it Must be an engineer type...gotta have empirical proof through "testing"....

.....I'm joking, of course
    No-ones memory is perfect... ( )

What I always fail to understand is why "people" persist in quoting previous inconcise "answers", rather than directly answering the exact question put. A straight Yes / No or Tested / Untested would have been sufficient ( and easier /shorter ) here.

[ Just observations ]

What I always fail to understand is why "people" persist in quoting previous inconcise "answers", rather than directly answering the exact question put.
    Because I never "tested" it in a traditional sense, which would have required coming at it from multiple clans (which would answer the question of whether a particular clan or all clans could do it), and I really couldn't see why anyone would want to kill off your Daimyo (or an heir) when you have a limited number of them

My experience was one time. I wasn't paying attention to my heirs 'coming of age' date, and ended up with an heir who was a Musket unit. Too late to change, and not knowing at the time that heirs were not limitless, I attempted to send a ninja to assassinate him. Can't do it......
    High Plains Drifter

Your suggusted "traditional" test is truly a full test ; however, IMHO, that is "beyond" the ( basic ) test required here ( which you have already clearly done )...

As stated before ( and considering your last reply ), a "Yes" or "Tested" would have sufficed, and would have been accurate, concise and unambiguous.
    Last edited by DEB8; 12-24-2015 at 17:42. Reason: Spelling

a "Yes" or "Tested" would have sufficed, and would have been accurate, concise and unambiguous
    A one-off example (which I never attempted again) is not a test, IMO, which is what you were asking for, ie 'Can I take it you have "tested" this'. So if you are now satisfied, then that's that
    High Plains Drifter

As "stated" PREVIOUSLY - It is enough for me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12