Thread: patch help

Question

I own Shogun: Total War by itself, without any of the expansions. I also do not have any of the patches. What are the patches, in the order I need to download them, that are required to play multiplayer online.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Hi Lord Necros, welcome to the.Org

Your stand-alone version of STW will get you as far as the multiplayer lobby, where you can chat with other players, but you'll need the 1.1 patch to actually play them.

Take a look at the Sword Dojo forum. The guys who hang out in there often post times when they plan to play online (Sunday afternons are popular).

http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....=SF;f=1

Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Welcome Lord Necros .
    Abandon all hope.

Hi Lord Necros,
    Your in the same boat as me by the sounds of it. Just working out all I need to play some real people.
    If you just need the 1.1 patch are there any aditional maps that we are going to need?
    Ive been looking at all the threads that I can find on online play and keep finding mension of 1.03 something. Will this be needed as well?
    Also is there anything that saves results and stats of how we did (I seem to remember something about statswaper)

I might make a surgestion that there is a pinned thread about all that new players currently need to play online in the various forums as its taking me ages to find out the details im looking for.

If its been mensioned before somewhere please forgive my questions im still reading as we speak.
    Thanks
    Once more unto the breach dear friends, let us fill it up with our English dead.

Thanks for the welcome and your help.

Do you mean the STW 1.11 patch or the 1.12 patch? i assume the 1.12 as its the later one?
    Once more unto the breach dear friends, let us fill it up with our English dead.

He means the 1.12 patch - the last one done for plain vanilla STW.
    This space intentionally left blank